Yes, but if you go to a car show room and they show you a car with no brakes, no steering wheel, no windshield wipers or sunroof and you still buy it you cannot complain

No, but at least when I pick up a new car, the brakes work, there's a steering wheel, windwhield wipers, and a sun roof. Sarcasm aside, I agree with the OP; I think given the drastic price drops, early adopters should receive some type of acknowledgment from RIM - I'm not asking for $200.00 cash, but how about even a $10.00 credit on App World as a thank you for being an early adopter. It's not unheard of for companies to do this - Nintendo did this for their early 3DS adopters. Something small could go a long way with early adopters in terms of keeping them happy. We are the ones, afterall, that showed our trust and faith in RIM.
    10-06-11 02:49 PM
    Yes, but if you go to a car show room and they show you a car with no brakes, no steering wheel, no windshield wipers or sunroof and you still buy it you cannot complain
    Just like anyone that has purchased a PlayBook and then complains that it won't show Netflix movies or doesn't have a native BBM can complain. A little research before purchasing would have revealed to any interested consumer what the PlayBook could and could not do.
    10-06-11 03:06 PM
    The above would be true if the manufacturer hadn't also promised all those features to be delivered within a finite period after launch.
    10-06-11 03:21 PM
    The above would be true if the manufacturer hadn't also promised all those features to be delivered within a finite period after launch.
    Define: FINITE?

Hmmm, something less than infinite!

Devcon or thereafter or thereafter thereafter.

Before ipad 6 or 7.

Between qnx phone 1 and 2.

And he said: let there be light.
    10-06-11 03:30 PM
    Not to "nitpick", or anything, but October is a finite period. Even December is. And it was a schedule not a promise.
    10-06-11 03:52 PM
    You were eligible for a FULL refund that first day but not now
    10-06-11 04:15 PM
    You were eligible for a FULL refund that first day but not now
    That is not necessarily true - BestBuy had a restocking fee. Meaning - there was NO FULL REFUND.

In all seriousness I really did expect more of rim - I really did expect autocorrect/spellcheck by now. I also really expected to be able to search pdf files. And I guess I expected a2dp to be available by now or, at least, some bt audio ability. (and I just repaired my Jawbone icons and the new update did not add it).

You want to help rim sell this device, then suggest that they give me what I want so I will shut up. Otherwise, I will continue to proclaim that the device is flawed and lacking some essential, PROFESSIONAL attributes.
    Last edited by F2; 10-06-11 at 04:41 PM.
    10-06-11 04:36 PM
    That is not necessarily true - BestBuy had a restocking fee. Meaning - there was NO FULL REFUND.
    Yep, one more reason i do not like shopping at bestlie.
    10-06-11 04:41 PM
    Some people are funny, everything in general drops in price, some sooner than later. Take flat panel TVs for example, I bought my first 42" plasma TV in 2005 for over $3k, not even a year later, it drops more than a $1k, it's just how it is.
    10-06-11 04:55 PM
    Yes!
    And I'm contacting Ford to get the difference in value from when I bought my car till now!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    10-06-11 08:35 PM
    Wrigley's owes me a refund. This gum lost its flavor after 30 minutes...
    III 4U2NV III likes this.
    10-06-11 08:45 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD