i am on a 64gb PB.

to clarify, will the 64gb be effectively used for apps, system etc? as far as i understand, the memory usage of the 9900 is that the internal storage of 8gb is fully for media storage and doesnt interfere with the system, therefore i can reformat the internal storage whenever i want to clean up my media files.

as for PB, how is the storage allocated? is there a way to reformat/wipe the internal storage of the PB? i have tonnes of videos and mp3 on it and would want to wipe them all so that i can load in newer files.
    Last edited by LiteBulb; 10-25-11 at 10:06 AM.
    10-25-11 10:01 AM
    Pretty sure the only wipe you can do will wipe everything on the device - apps, settings, media etc.
    10-25-11 10:17 AM
    Yes, it's one unified filesystem, no more limits on app size.

If you want to delete media connect it to your computer and you'll see the videos/music/etc folders. All media content is stored in there, you can delete it like any other file.
    10-25-11 11:45 AM
    I would not go to format ...
    Folder's structure is mandatory, if you format (provided you can, not sure of that) you loose everything including (hidden) folders.

In you BB Desktop software, there's an option that allows to wipe CLEAN the media files only :
    Go to device (teminal) menu, device options, tab multimedia.
    at the bottom, you'll find an option to erase all your multimedia files.

(sorry if device is not the proper menu term, translating from French "terminal" here)
    10-25-11 12:55 PM
    aiiiiii not good.

i deleted my music file via pc. now that my music files are deleted, my PB music app is still showing those files. but when i click on play, it says track could not be loaded.

in other words, i have ghost tracks in my music app. even a hard or soft reset wont do anything. i cant even find a way to refresh the music list.
    10-25-11 06:53 PM
    aiiiiii not good.

i deleted my music file via pc. now that my music files are deleted, my PB music app is still showing those files. but when i click on play, it says track could not be loaded.

in other words, i have ghost tracks in my music app. even a hard or soft reset wont do anything. i cant even find a way to refresh the music list.
    Have you read what I suggested you ?
    Try it to make it clean.
    10-26-11 09:30 AM
    yes i did. the thing is, i believe it will only wipe media files that was synced using DM. it wont work for files that were dragged/dropped.

anyway, i did a OS reload on the device already to save me the headaches.
    10-28-11 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD