I have gotten this too! Very annoying. I am using internet explorer on vista.
    I have yet to get them on my PC using firefox with add block+, but on my PB I get the popup adds whether I'm logged in or not. Someone might want to check on that cause Kevin just said if we login we shouldn't be seeing them, yet apparently some of us still are.
    12-18-11 07:30 AM
    I'd guess these new popups are newer than the underlined (these are NOT links) links. He did not mention the popups. I now don't recall if they were on my desktop (firefox) or the pb.
    12-18-11 09:31 AM
    A friend asked me the other day if there was a way to get rid of ads on the PlayBook browser.
    I suggested he flash his router with DD-WRT/Tomato and use a host based blocking system which would affect all devices connected to that access point.
    Only down-side with that is it'll only work when you are connected at home.
    12-18-11 09:43 AM
    Again, if you're logged in you should NOT see the the vibrant ads (double underline with the hover on pop-up). If you are logged in and see one, please take a screen capture of the page that includes the URL too so I can get that tested. Again, remember, if you're logged out that means you have the right hand column showing on the right hand side.. the forums are not full width.

We don't try things like this haphazardly. When we do, we do monitor things like performance, etc. We're never looking for short term gains at the expense of long term growth. So if we try something and we see it's not working (less page views per visit, less new members per day, etc. etc.) then we address that.
    12-18-11 10:35 AM
    I have never seen them logged in. The site sometimes shows me as logged out even after using the remember me. Once in the forums I am loogged in. Just an observation.
    12-18-11 10:55 AM
    Personally I can't use crackberry from my playbook. The site is so very laden with ads the pb browser becomes almost unresponsive. It's also common to hit an ad when you're just trying to scroll the page. As well the Search forum pop up button doesn't work with the pb keyboard. Open one and the other closes.

I restrict any use of crackberry to my pc.
    03-03-12 08:20 AM
    FF + AdBlock+ = win.

If FF ever makes a PB browser, I'm there.
    03-03-12 09:43 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD