Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Red light flashing

Hi, I'm having a red light flashing on my playbook (in the black frame near the camera), contrary to people have heard with similar issue my playbook works fine, but sometimes a red light start flashing (and no mail or notifications), it's not continuous and happen both when I'm working on the playbook or if the device is in stand by. The problem is that it's getting distracting that red led flashing while reading on the device and I fear it drains the battery out while on stand by (even though I have yet to report any battery issue).

Any idea to what this may be related? Is it like on some computer to say the device in working in some way?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,851 Global Posts

No, the LED is only for notification of email, calendar, etc. Try to restart your PlayBook and see if that resolves it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sk8er_tor View Post
    No, the LED is only for notification of email, calendar, etc. Try to restart your PlayBook and see if that resolves it.
    Thanks, so far so good but I know I rebooted it at least once since I noticed it... Let's just hope that this time it for good.... Also turned off notification trough the led in order to make sure I isolate the problem...