Hi All,

I have a situation here. I recorded a 3 hour jam session and was ready to transfer the videos to my PC. I plugged in the Playbook via USB and began my copying and pasting.

About 2 minutes into the transfer, an error said a connection could not be found and disconnected my Playbook from my PC. I plugged it in again and now the files are nowhere to be found on my Playbook!

Is there a way to recovery these files back on the Playbook? I did a lot of research stating recovery tools on a virtual disk will not work.

Thank you for your help,
    Spec
    Last edited by Spectating; 12-01-13 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Title fix
    12-01-13 09:51 AM
    Hi All,

I have a situation here. I recorded a 3 hour jam session and was ready to transfer the videos to my PC. I plugged in the Playbook via USB and began my copying and pasting.

About 2 minutes into the transfer, an error said a connection could not be found and disconnected my Playbook from my PC. I plugged it in again and now the files are nowhere to be found on my Playbook!

Is there a way to recovery these files back on the Playbook? I did a lot of research stating recovery tools on a virtual disk will not work.

Thank you for your help,
    Spec
    I don't believe you can recover them. To be sure, there are a few apps on app world that allow you to search for files (just search on app world keywords like "search files"). If they show the file, great! If not, I don't believe there's any way to help.

Just to be on the safe side, try to also search on your pc.

BTW, how did you change the title of the thread?
    12-01-13 10:24 AM
    I don't believe you can recover them. To be sure, there are a few apps on app world that allow you to search for files (just search on app world keywords like "search files"). If they show the file, great! If not, I don't believe there's any way to help.

Just to be on the safe side, try to also search on your pc.

BTW, how did you change the title of the thread?
    Hmm.. The problem doesn't seem to be that it's hidden somewhere. It completely removed itself from the Videos folder. The size of the Playbook memory also went down as if the videos were deleted.

I had to change the title directly from Crackberry.com. App didn't let me.

Thanks,
    Spec
    12-01-13 10:30 AM
    Hmm.. The problem doesn't seem to be that it's hidden somewhere. It completely removed itself from the Videos folder. The size of the Playbook memory also went down as if the videos were deleted.

I had to change the title directly from Crackberry.com. App didn't let me.

Thanks,
    Spec
    I know but how did you change the thread title even on crackberry's site? I thought only mods could do that.

BTW, if it truly is deleted, then there's nothing left to do. You can't recover it if it's gone. Also, maybe try restarting your playbook, maybe the system thought it was gone though it wasn't
    12-01-13 10:49 AM
    Were you MOVING or COPYING and pasting? How were you copying them? PC, Mac, using Desktop software or? I generally drag/drop using Wind Explorer. After I'm convinced that they have copied I may clean up after.

Good luck. I thought that some of the thumb drive RECOVERY utilities could operate if the pb appeared as Drive Z or similar?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-01-13 05:39 PM
    I was thinking that - its classed as a hard drive so a decent recovery program should deal with it. I like file scavenger but it might not work with the drive format. windows does list it as ntfs though so many freeware programs should do the job.

good point though and it might merit some research.
    12-05-13 12:09 AM
    I had faced the same problem last month then my friend suggest me to use third party software. Then i used it and got the satisfied results. One good thing about this software is that it is available as a Free to Try version. In Free version you are eligible to recover data and also see it but you are not authorized to save it, this is only the limitation of this software.
    06-18-14 01:49 AM
    Windows Data Recovery, getting all the precious memories and picturesque shots become hassle-free. It doesn’t matter how these files were lost, you can stay assured with successful recovery operation of lost multimedia files and critical documents and office presentations.
    10-28-14 04:27 AM