Hello,

Just a quick question: are there any adverse affects associated with leaving the PlayBook attached to the charger after it's fully charged? I often plug in my device at the end of the day and disconnect it the following morning. I wouldn't want to do anything that might shorten battery life!

Thanks,

Reg
    01-30-14 10:54 PM
    Hello,

Just a quick question: are there any adverse affects associated with leaving the PlayBook attached to the charger after it's fully charged? I often plug in my device at the end of the day and disconnect it the following morning. I wouldn't want to do anything that might shorten battery life!

Thanks,

Reg
    Some studies show that keep at full charge does shorten life some but the BB charger is supposed to cut off and cycle ar needed.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
    01-30-14 11:35 PM
    I left my PB on its dock for 3 months before giving it away.

It's fine to keep running as long as you don't use cheap ebay clones (they can overheat)

Posted via CB from my LE
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-30-14 11:53 PM
    Hello,

Thanks,

Reg
    That's what I do. I think it is probably worse to run to low 10-20% before recharging. I hear it is better to top off more frequently. Heat is bad for the battery, too. Probably the worse thing. My older PB seems to be losing some capacity because I only get about 3-4 hr of heavy use. I can get about 6 from my newer PB. Some say a wipe helps. Who really knows. I'm not worrying about, tho. Its only going to last so long.
    Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    01-31-14 08:13 AM
    I left my PB on its dock for 3 months before giving it away.

It's fine to keep running as long as you don't use cheap ebay clones (they can overheat)

Posted via CB from my LE
    Just have to make sure the Charging Dock is clean and dust free, as the dust build up can keep the contacts from mating fully, and you think it's charging, but in the am, you wakey to a dead PB.

And YES, they do not like being drawn down to below 5 %, causes issues and wonkeyness.......

c
    Cynycl and KermEd like this.
    01-31-14 09:32 AM