Well, seeing as 6 months ago when they announced the Playbook it was far better than any other tablet that was either out or announced at that time, and it wasn't until around 3 months later that anybody actually announced a tablet that could compete with it (although they were mainly dummy units with minimal parts), I fail to see how that's "3-year-behind-the-competition business practice"... Admittedly they would have been better off if they'd have released it in November bug-free, but as there was no way that would happen I'd rather have it in March almost bug-free than in November %50 bug...
    i know this is going to be the first thing ever i pre-order hahaha, i cant wait for a solid professional device that will just work
    01-23-11 03:10 PM
    Compare the torch with the iphone 4 or the droid X or incredible.
    Worst hardware of the bunch, best security/communication/email, Comparable or better better life, only one with a SureType virtual keyboard (which I love)... Ok, it's bad at some things and good at others, luckily for me the things that it's good at are the things I want, and the things it's bad at aren't things I care much about.
    With even the tablets they aren't staying ahead, and it would be hard to make a case they are keeping up; yea 6 months ago they talked of an advanced device "beating anything else out there" (and we can't buy talk, put it in our hands or use it) Motorola is still beating them ro the market with a dual core processor tablet (xoom hits shelves Feb 17).
    As much as I don't think they'll have it out before February 17, they haven't announced a date later, and it hasn't come to pass, and the Xoom hasn't actually come out yet, so by all means if the Xoom comes out and is amazing and doesn't seem rushed and the Playbook isn't out yet, then mention this argument all you want. There are too many things that could happen to make it irrelevant (Playbook could come out before, Xoom could be delayed, Xoom could barely work, etc.) and either way, the Xoom releasing in February 17 would be AT THE MOST 1 1/2 months, which still isn't 3 years...
    01-23-11 07:11 PM

As much as I don't think they'll have it out before February 17...
    yeah i mean it was no hands on a month and a few weeks before it comes out? idk but they have work to do haha. maybe they know theyll make it idk
    01-23-11 09:36 PM
    As much as I don't think they'll have it out before February 17,
    Read; Motorola XOOM hits Best Buy Feb 17 for $700 - SlashGear

It is happening.

yeah i mean it was no hands on a month and a few weeks before it comes out? idk but they have work to do haha. maybe they know theyll make it idk
    That is an outdated mode of thinking. Don't let rim's slow, stodgy pace of innovation and production continue to cloud your thinking. While they may stubbornly refuse to change with the times, the competition moves on, produces; releases; sells products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 06:13 AM
    That is an outdated mode of thinking. Don't let rim's slow, stodgy pace of innovation and production continue to cloud your thinking. While they may stubbornly refuse to change with the times, the competition moves on, produces; releases; sells products.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

As I would like to agree with about RIM being slow and they have been, I along with countless others have not seen a working Xoom to date and now a press release saying that it is coming just a few short weeks from now. CES was just over two weeks ago where there was not a working unit and six weeks later it is has gone through full production and ready for sale. I will say this I will be at best buy to see this tablet on the 17th just to see a demo of it unless there is on before that date.
    01-24-11 08:43 AM
    I can see I was misunderstood in my quote. I was referring to the fact that the PLAYBOOK, could come out before then, though I doubt it. I was referring to the fact that you shouldn't say that Motorola has come out with the first dual core tablet until we know for sure that it will be the case. At the moment it's only about 90% sure that the playbook will be coming out later than February 17, so you shouldn't say it as if it's fact yet
    01-24-11 01:15 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD