So I received my Playbook yesterday and I decided that I really enjoy the 7" form factor over the larger sizes (ie. 10" iPad). I love the portability of it and since I am not using it for anything other than couch surfing, some apps/gaming and eBook reading it is really nice.

I love that its almost the exact size of a soft cover book and barely weights anything. I can leave it on my coffee table and use it as a remote for my XBMC, Roku and FiOS boxes to control everything in my living room, which is really nice.

The addition of Android apps just makes it that much better -- good decision RIM!

03-01-12 08:01 AM
    Yeah same here the 7'' form factor does the job for me with all those nifty features in it.
    The PlayBook is for sure a little beast that gives a lovely rich media experience.
    With the 7'' form factor you can just take it every with you, baby it in a case and you are good to go.
    Overall a fun handy device that does make your life much more easier. And a goodlooking lowered GOLF 5 you got there.
    Covered in a candy white color and the rims too. Laylowww.
    03-01-12 08:06 AM
    Glad to see people happy with it.
    Tell me more about the remote for FIOS box.
    Is that your car in the picture?
    03-01-12 08:12 AM
    Yeah same here the 7'' form factor does the job for me with all those nifty features in it.
    The PlayBook is for sure a little beast that gives a lovely rich media experience.
    With the 7'' form factor you can just take it every with you, baby it in a case and you are good to go.
    Overall a fun handy device that does make your life much more easier. And a goodlooking lowered GOLF 5 you got there.
    Covered in a candy white color and the rims too. Laylowww.
    Reflex silver, but thanks!

Glad to see people happy with it.
    Tell me more about the remote for FIOS box.
    Is that your car in the picture?
    Yup that is my car in the picture. Reflex silver MK5 on air suspension -- gonna look a bit different this year (new wheels and some body work).

The FiOS remote would have to ported over from Android though. Gonna take a look into testing it out tonight. https://market.android.com/details?i...android.wifios
    Chaddface likes this.
    03-01-12 08:19 AM
    I have had 10-12 vw's(lost count) before taking the side step to audi.
    There is a lot to like with the PB. Spends a fair amount of time under the hood of the a3. It's a tough tablet. I have abused it and there is hardly a scratch. With some vagcom support I wouldn't need the laptop at all. Not holding my breath though.
    03-01-12 08:36 AM
    Reflex silver, but thanks!

Yup that is my car in the picture. Reflex silver MK5 on air suspension -- gonna look a bit different this year (new wheels and some body work).

The FiOS remote would have to ported over from Android though. Gonna take a look into testing it out tonight. https://market.android.com/details?i...android.wifios
    Count me in on the fios remote. Would love a port of that.
    03-01-12 11:12 AM
    I am blown away that HD video plays as a multi-tasking tile (not sure what else to call it) while performing other tasks. That is amazing right there.

I have had 10-12 vw's(lost count) before taking the side step to audi.
    There is a lot to like with the PB. Spends a fair amount of time under the hood of the a3. It's a tough tablet. I have abused it and there is hardly a scratch. With some vagcom support I wouldn't need the laptop at all. Not holding my breath though.
    Thinking about buying a Bluetooth ODB2 adapter and seeing if a ported Torque APK works on the Playbook.

Will keep you posted tonight.
    03-01-12 01:02 PM
    I am blown away that HD video plays as a multi-tasking tile (not sure what else to call it) while performing other tasks. That is amazing right there.
    My wife and I were watching a movie from the video store on the big screen and she was wondering about one of the actors. Very cool to keep the video playing on TV while searching the web for info.

Thinking about buying a Bluetooth ODB2 adapter and seeing if a ported Torque APK works on the Playbook.
    Do you have experience using that app on android? It looks good.
    I need a "your cam follower has a hole"warning.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 03-01-12 at 01:54 PM.
    03-01-12 01:52 PM
    Funny you guys mentioning watching HD video, I tried watching the hd video that came with the PB and for me it was freezing/stuttering....wasn't smooth at all, does it matter what size tv it is? Mines a 46" aqous tv...
    Last edited by beman39; 03-01-12 at 03:52 PM.
    03-01-12 03:25 PM
    Gonna do some more research tonight - got it up and running on the Playbook, but I can only view the guide. The remote part won't complete the setup correctly. Gonna wipe all my remote configurations from my STB and start from scratch and let you know.

Do you have experience using that app on android? It looks good.
    I need a "your cam follower has a hole"warning.
    Haven't used it yet since I don't have a bluetooth ODB2 adapter. Will give it a shot when I order mine and let you know though.

Funny you guys mentioning watching HD video, I tried watching the hd video that came with the PB and for me it was freezing/stuttering....wasn't smooth at all, does it matter what size tv it is? Mines a 46" aqous tv...
    I was watching it on the Playbook itself, not via HDMI out.
    03-02-12 09:14 AM
    YES, the form factor sold me as well . Extreme portability with POWER. It goes everywhere just like my phone. 7" is the perfect size for MY everyday lifestyle can't imagine "lugging" around anything larger.......that's history since the PlayBook arrival
    03-02-12 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD