Are these 2 part of the reasons what are holding back bb10? I know playbook is not bb10 but they must share a lot of components since they both use QNX(or its variation ) as os.

To me these are 2 biggest features playbook needs for being used in business.
    Haseleyman and PatrickMJS like this.
    07-08-12 08:46 PM
    Are these 2 part of the reasons what are holding back bb10? I know playbook is not bb10 but they must share a lot of components since they both use QNX(or its variation ) as os.

To me these are 2 biggest features playbook needs for being used in business.
    Wouldn't hurt to have them for other reasons too. The file manager 'system' particularly is a embarrassment and the 30 day email limit seriously needs fixing. If these are not dealt with in 2.1 then BB10 on PB is a long wait.

Nevertheless RIM woul do themselves a favour by at least confirming that these and other PB failings will be dealt with when BB10 does (finally) come along.
    07-09-12 02:45 AM
    I left bb because of rim not responding as promptly as i would like to our requests... I don't think doing that is that hard, but that's just how RIM works, hence the delay of bb10

Sent from my LG Optimus 7 using Board Express for Windows Phone
    07-09-12 02:52 AM
    I see absolutely no reason for there not being a proper file manager apart from an idealogical one (the desire for presentation of content as a type rather than by a file structure).

It would seem easy to simply download more than 30 days of emails as that should really only be constrained by the amount of free space you have. The one thing that from the outside seems like it could be a problem is performance. I find the email app to be pretty slow and its already buggy. Who knows where RIM are investing their time but it seems that it isn't on the Playbook any more.

Its a shame as I really like the Playbook but I don't see it getting another major update in the next 8 months so I'll probably move on as I would like a decent email client and the current one has a bug list the length of my arm.
    07-09-12 03:47 AM
    Wouldn't hurt to have them for other reasons too. The file manager 'system' particularly is a embarrassment and the 30 day email limit seriously needs fixing. If these are not dealt with in 2.1 then BB10 on PB is a long wait.

Nevertheless RIM woul do themselves a favour by at least confirming that these and other PB failings will be dealt with when BB10 does (finally) come along.
    This 30 day limit you speak of is for native email i take it?
    07-09-12 07:35 AM
    This 30 day limit you speak of is for native email i take it?
    You are quite correct.
    07-09-12 07:40 AM
    Yes it is. I don't know how the others have done it. Magical beans.
    07-09-12 07:45 AM
    I sympathize with those that need better email support.

But the File Management or pretty much NON-file management is a continuing embarrassment. Maybe the above poster is correct - a philosophical issue over how to present content. Rim prefers THOUSANDS of files presented when looking for something and hoping "search" will find it. I want subfolders and organization. I was fooling around with an AGING Photo app. But all of my photos are Img_xxx-yyy.jpg or similar. I knew the folder it was in but not its name. And even the pb's native photo app does not show a file's name. So I go to open and there's that grand list of over 1,000 photos. USELESS!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    07-09-12 09:01 AM
    I tend to rename files from the default one programs give them which helps if you remember it. But agree with F2.
    07-09-12 09:06 AM
    I sympathize with those that need better email support.

But the File Management or pretty much NON-file management is a continuing embarrassment. Maybe the above poster is correct - a philosophical issue over how to present content. Rim prefers THOUSANDS of files presented when looking for something and hoping "search" will find it. I want subfolders and organization. I was fooling around with an AGING Photo app. But all of my photos are Img_xxx-yyy.jpg or similar. I knew the folder it was in but not its name. And even the pb's native photo app does not show a file's name. So I go to open and there's that grand list of over 1,000 photos. USELESS!
    This is something they're trying to copy from Apple, and it is a terrible idea. Apple's implementation is shoddy and requires constant tweaks just to make it somewhat usable. RIM's implementation is even sloppier and their moving in the wrong direction by trying to copy Apple's implementation.

Hopefully they reimagine how files are accessed and come up with something revolutionary in BB10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-09-12 09:52 AM
    Mike, they don't need anything revolutionary - they can use steal from themselves- bbphones handle this stuff so much easier. That's what do pathetic or appalling - they already know how to find files or attach them to emails.
    07-09-12 03:10 PM
    Who knows where RIM are investing their time but it seems that it isn't on the Playbook any more.

Its a shame as I really like the Playbook but I don't see it getting another major update in the next 8 months so I'll probably move on as I would like a decent email client and the current one has a bug list the length of my arm.
    They are investing a lot of time into the PlayBook. Its called BB10, and will be the most significant upgrade the Playbook has yet to receive.
    07-09-12 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD