another reason. Between the Galaxy and PB, they preferred the PBs UI over Android and some operational issues. She also said that some of the staff had a tendency to not close out processes and when the Galaxy started getting weird (her word) they realized what was going on, but also noticed the PB wasn't as affected. The PB fits in their smock pockets, very convenient. Bridging and security were issues, as they have a
    Interesting. Pockets and UI, I understand I have and like both the Playbook and Samsung Galaxy 10.1. Android is a much more complete operating system than QNX at this point, but does have a few remaining rough spots. One is that "button" line at the bottom of the screen that wastes space (there is an app sold that will take care of this). The other is the (debated) need to use a "task killer" app to close out apps and processes sometimes, apparently implicated in the weirdness mentioned here.
    01-27-12 09:46 PM
    Beast mode
    You said it!
    01-27-12 09:47 PM
    Refreshing story, thanks so much for confirming what I believed when the PB went on sale for a loss. If Rim can get enough of them out there, everyone will soon see for themselves how wonderful they truly are. Paired with an Os 7 BB is simply the best. I am convinced we will be seeing more of this as time goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-12 10:22 PM
    Awesome love hearing these stories. Hate it when media and others twist the playbook and basically make it out to be absolutely useless due to shortage of apps and its small size etc... Playbook = Awesomest Tablet Experience EVER!!!!
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-27-12 11:30 PM
    5 star thread. Thanks!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    01-28-12 12:37 AM
    There really should be 6 stars for THIS Thread.. Thanks Roto!
    alnamvet68 and BB10FTW like this.
    01-28-12 12:41 AM
    I have to share this before bed, thought it was cool. I go to a medical clinic today for an appointment. Go up to the reception desk to check in and notice an iPad on a stand facing me doing a slideshow with some clinic info and directions. I ask the woman behind the desk " You guys using some iPads eh ?" She said " Yes, this one" gesturing toward the iPad. Strange comment I thought. 10 minutes later I was ushered to the back clinic section and by the time I left, I saw four PBs ; one at the nurses's station and three in the hands of doctors in the hallways. I get it now. The iPad for show and the PB for serious work. I also got the nurse's comment up front now, the only iPad in the place was being used as a slideshow screen. Made my day
    Sounds like the beginnings of a great commercial ....
    Showing how the PlayBook is used in the real world by respected professionals. Heck, could even start by showing the "other fruit" displaying a slideshow and progress to the "behind the scenes" showing the PB as what REALLY makes the office run. Hmmm .... a good marketing team could spin this like you wouldn't believe. Let's see what you can do RIM !!!
    OniBerry and rotorwrench like this.
    01-28-12 12:59 AM
    Sounds like CDM may be gunning for that coveted CMO position!!!
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-28-12 01:02 AM
    Sounds like the beginnings of a great commercial ....
    Showing how the PlayBook is used in the real world by respected professionals. Heck, could even start by showing the "other fruit" displaying a slideshow and progress to the "behind the scenes" showing the PB as what REALLY makes the office run. Hmmm .... a good marketing team could spin this like you wouldn't believe. Let's see what you can do RIM !!!
    LOL That WOULD be a cool commercial. Maybe even have a patient complaining of frustration, constipation and feelings of inadequacy, the doctor takes the patient's iPad from him, hands him a Playbook and tells him to call him in the morning
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-28-12 at 01:53 AM.
    cntrydncr223, Flexin and CDM76 like this.
    01-28-12 01:50 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, they use it to look at snapshots of a patient's anatomy.. his/her medical record, notes, etc. and being relatively small, it is also easy for them to carry / fit into their pockets / coats.
    Sorry, but the iPad ISN'T smaller than the PlayBook, and it weighs about the same. I have a PlayBook, and My Dad has an iPad.

Those "cool" things You always see iPads doing are a result of the apps created for it,...

BUT

SOME (more like A LOT) of those "cool" things aren't real. Meaning, they have fake brain scanner apps and and other stuff. Yes, SOME of the apps are in fact legit and very productive, but those are usually the ones that are priced highly, and not a lot of consumers buy them.

Plus, the iPad can't multi-task, and have the apps continously work in the background, or even pause then resume (spelling, I think).
    Whenever You press the menu button on the iPad, iPhone, iPod it exits the program completely.

Note** please don't think that my reply was meant to be intentionally aggressive, I'm just trying to clarify some misconceptions that the public has.
    01-28-12 09:15 AM
    Has this story been forwarded to Mr. Heins' marketing team?
    01-28-12 09:26 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, they use it to look at snapshots of a patient's anatomy...
    For which the PB's dual cameras and hi-res screen are particularly useful, I would imagine
    01-28-12 09:38 AM
    WOW! Awesome input and story! Just what PB was designed for. i bought mine for work and it is exactly what it does. I sold my Ipad as soon as PB released, best decision i ever made. Thanks, and "WORKHORSE IS CORRECT"!!!!
    cntrydncr223 and rotorwrench like this.
    01-28-12 09:53 AM
    Last Friday I got stranded at O'Hare airport and with my 9930 & PB I was able to finish and send a needed document back to the office. AND, I did not have to pay for airport wifi
    Workhorse!
    01-28-12 10:37 AM
    Sorry, but the iPad ISN'T smaller than the PlayBook, and it weighs about the same. I have a PlayBook, and My Dad has an iPad.

Those "cool" things You always see iPads doing are a result of the apps created for it,...

BUT

SOME (more like A LOT) of those "cool" things aren't real. Meaning, they have fake brain scanner apps and and other stuff. Yes, SOME of the apps are in fact legit and very productive, but those are usually the ones that are priced highly, and not a lot of consumers buy them.

Plus, the iPad can't multi-task, and have the apps continously work in the background, or even pause then resume (spelling, I think).
    Whenever You press the menu button on the iPad, iPhone, iPod it exits the program completely.

Note** please don't think that my reply was meant to be intentionally aggressive, I'm just trying to clarify some misconceptions that the public has.
    Thanks for the clarification, but I believe he was referring to the PB being small, not the iPad.
    01-28-12 12:30 PM
    WOW! Awesome input and story! Just what PB was designed for. i bought mine for work and it is exactly what it does. I sold my Ipad as soon as PB released, best decision i ever made. Thanks, and "WORKHORSE IS CORRECT"!!!!
    It has definitely proven itself to be. But as it get's refined, maybe thoroughbred would be better? Nah, workhorse it will always be.
    01-30-12 03:03 PM
    Great experience. Thanks for sharing.
    01-30-12 10:17 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD