its coming soon, this month, i've seen that some tech guys here mentions some specs like rdp and citrix, but this thinkpad tablet apparently built really for enterprise :
    Lenovo - Tablets - ThinkPad Tablet (US)
    docs to go
    citrix receiver
    printer share
    handwriting recognition
    computrace (whatever that is?)
    antivirus

and its launched with 3G+wifi..

NVIDIA� Tegra� 2 Dual-Core 1GHz processor
    Android� 3.1
    10.1� WXGA (1280x800) 16:10 IPS panel with Corning� Gorilla� Glass
    Multitouch display with digitizer input (pen optional)
    Starting at 1.65 lbs
    Up to 8 hours battery life (with WiFi enabled)
    Up to 64GB storage
    Bluetooth�, WiFi and 3G connectivity
    Native USB 2.0 and micro-USB ports, full-size SD card slot and mini-HDMI output

is these ones that we need to have in pb to go enterprise?
    built is similar to pb, business like. thinkpad use similar color and texture as in laptops...hard buttons, and big
    07-31-11 09:17 PM
    its coming soon, this month, i've seen that some tech guys here mentions some specs like rdp and citrix, but this thinkpad tablet apparently built really for enterprise :
    docs to go
    citrix receiver
    printer share
    handwriting recognition
    antivirus

Android� 3.1
    Starting at 1.65 lbs
    Up to 64GB storage

built is similar to pb, business like. thinkpad use similar color and texture as in laptops...hard buttons, and big
    I have a feeling though that with alllll of that its gonna come out to be about a grand in price, for which I can buy a way better lap top. Course I could be wrong, it has happened occasionally........more if you ask my wife.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 09:26 PM
    the listed price is started at $479 (maybe for wifi)..wifi + 3G maybe still less than 600.
    Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet Review – Specs & Features | Android Advices
    seeing the specs yes it sounds like a thousand bucks at least.
    07-31-11 09:32 PM
    Android is very unstable and my least favorite o.s out there. i would buy an ipad before android, however the playbook is supreme. QNX runs off if micro kernel while android doesn't. ios runs off of micro kernel as well. microkernels provides better security and works faster than momo kernel. windows also runs off mono
    07-31-11 09:47 PM
    unstable in what way, work faster in what way? common users relies on overall experience. how is the overall experience like.
    07-31-11 09:51 PM
    unstable as ini had the galaxy s and it was very choppy. the device started rebooting itself after a few weeks of use and the browser was choppy while scrolling through the page. QNX is microkernel while android is monolithic. Micro exectues faster so every progrsm runs faster in return.
    07-31-11 09:57 PM
    Is that with 3.1 or 3.2?
    But the other features like sd card and handwriting looks good. Citrix and so on.

Yawnnnnz:-) :-) :-)
    07-31-11 10:02 PM
    Checked out the link and indeed it looks great.
    Similar like Transformers (but looks like the keyboard isn't attached type) but with better portability.
    The key-factor (for me) is that it has the full USB port besides the microUSB and miniHDMI. Not to mention the full SD Card slot without the need of any dongle..
    Not so bad... indeed..
    08-01-11 04:51 AM
    In the industry this is called a JAAT - Just Another Android Tablet. There really isn't anything special about it.

Notice how it comes pre-loaded with Antivirus, that is the state of Android more than anything else these days. No thanks.
    08-01-11 07:05 AM
    JAAT sounds horrible..TORT is better sounding...The Only RIM Tablet..TORT 1, TORT 2..
    but the way lenovo goes with the theme, professional grade, enterprise ready and so on, it probably tried what RIM tried to do. price is competitive with other 10" tablets.
    08-01-11 07:15 AM
    We're a huge Lenovo shop so I'm hoping I'm gonna get to chance to test 1 of these out. I hope they did a better job than they did with the X60 tablet pc...that was terrible!!
    08-01-11 08:48 AM
    docs to go
    citrix receiver
    printer share
    handwriting recognition
    antivirus

Android� 3.1
    Starting at 1.65 lbs
    Up to 64GB storage

Likely not for the US government:

State Department Yields on PC's From China - New York Times
    08-01-11 09:15 AM
    I need native email and PIM bad...RDP app is a must. I may drop ship and get this thinkpad tablet..decisions are soo f'in hard.
    08-12-11 03:07 PM
    Sounds great except.... its an Android device. Some of us dont like/want to use Android. Period. I don't care what the specs are, I don't care if it has a million apps, I don't care if it has 2 billion games, if it is an Android device I WILL NOT USE IT.
    melander likes this.
    08-12-11 04:00 PM
    Sounds great except.... its an Android device. Some of us dont like/want to use Android. Period. I don't care what the specs are, I don't care if it has a million apps, I don't care if it has 2 billion games, if it is an Android device I WILL NOT USE IT.
    Why not
    08-12-11 04:03 PM
    Why not
    Because I don't feel the need to share all of my personal information with Google.
    08-12-11 04:06 PM
    I tried half a dozen Android Tablets, the touchpad and the iPad. I'm a WebOS user (some would say TabletOS took the best from it) and still chose the Playbook over all the others. I could have bought several Android tablets for the price of the Playbook. I would never use an Android Tablet.
    08-12-11 05:11 PM
    Yeah, but ti's still Android which is just not pretty or all that great. The real competition for QNX would be WebOS. iOS is bigger, yeah, but it's not as elegant as WebOS or QNX.

It's maddening how the really usable platforms are the ones that get the least attention.
    08-12-11 08:43 PM
    I tried half a dozen Android Tablets, the touchpad and the iPad. I'm a WebOS user (some would say TabletOS took the best from it) and still chose the Playbook over all the others. I could have bought several Android tablets for the price of the Playbook. I would never use an Android Tablet.
    Nothing wrong with that which is why we have choice.

I personally like my tablet in Honeycomb flavor while others may enjoy other fine products.
    Because I don't feel the need to share all of my personal information with Google.
    +1 there. Google is getting a little too intrusive.
    Sounds like a great tablet. Interesting... this may make me overcome my aversion to getting an Android tablet.
    08-12-11 09:04 PM
    for a business tablet that thing i think will outsell the playbook (esp cuz it includes citrix/docs to go/3G/keyboard is nifty/usb+sd card slots), the main selling feature IMO would be the included digitizer pen with writing software already on it, the playbook should've came with that, if its not that expensive i may have to turn to the darkside because i could really use something like that in school.
    08-12-11 11:18 PM
    Yeah handwriting recognition is something of a given for tablets, it has to be standard for business tablet. As swype is to touchscreen keyboard.
    Htc flyer also supports a pen.
    08-13-11 12:03 AM
    Does sound interesting I must say . Lenovo is also widely available where I am , so I don't have to go and be dependent on one horrible Cisco agent that doesn't answer my calls or reply back to my emails.
    08-13-11 12:17 AM
    make that 7" and it is precisely competing with our playbook... not for anything else, most of applications, whether paid or free applications, requires access to our data... in fact, when you purchase an applications, you are definitely sharing personal information... not to mention those social sites where our pictures were even posted...
    08-13-11 01:04 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD