ready to but cables and need quick advice
I want to take advantage of the black Friday sale. If I buy an hdmi cable, can I download a movie onto my playbook and then watch it it by simply plugging one end of the hdmi cable to my playbook and the other end to my tv? thx
- 11-22-2012, 04:48 PM #2“If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
- 11-22-2012, 10:47 PM #4
- 11-23-2012, 04:38 AM #6“If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
- 11-23-2012, 06:37 AM #7
Monoprice HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! is always the first place I look for cables of any type.Podcaster, host of The DexterCast, an introcast for the Showtime series Dexter. Two of us have seen Dexter before, the other two are watching for the first time.
After checking all the sale sites mentioned, I see quite a price difference, but one cost approx. $10 + $5 for shipping, so about the same. I did end up buying lots of toys for my BBPB from the Crackberry site; with the discount and free shipping, not bad. This has been my newbie experience. Thx so much.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-23-2012, 10:27 AM #9
- 302 Posts
I know i'm in the UK but ebay has plenty of micro hdmi -> hdmi cables for a couple of bucks. I've had no issues with using these to play movies full screen on TV's with great quality after placing files on the PB. You can buy official - or you can save your cash & get a cheapo which will work just as wellI own a Playbook - who says men can't multitask!
- 11-23-2012, 12:35 PM #11
- 11-23-2012, 02:59 PM #13
If you want to watch movies in your bedroom, your BlackBerry PlayBook connected to a wall-mounted HDTV via HDMI cable and remotely controlled by your BlackBerry smartphone or a Bluetooth keyboard via BlackBerry Bridge works very nicely. If I recall, you can stream movies stored on a network attached storage (NAS) device or a WiFi-enabled external hard drive (Seagate GoFlex 500GB WiFi External Drive).
- CrackBerry User
11-23-2012, 04:44 PM #17
- 28 Posts
Yeah, the mouse works great. All the swipe gestures work. The wheel works to scroll up and down.You can bring up the keyboard to enter text - ok that's a slow way of typing but if you just want to do some internet searching it's good enough.
- 11-24-2012, 03:36 AM #19
- By moparmiami in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 6Last Post: 10-29-2012, 07:03 AM
- By crackthisberry in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 08-12-2008, 05:33 AM
- By dymo129 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2008, 08:09 PM
- By gp1200r2000 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
- By vette_25th in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2007, 02:56 PM