Readers Choice Awards: thank you!-crackerry-readers-choice-awards.jpg

Thank you, CrackBerry community, for voting in the Readers Choice Awards 2012.We're thrilled that our Files & Folders has been voted Best New BlackBerry App, and are mighty proud of all our enthusiastic and loyal users. It's our goal to turn your BlackBerry device into an efficient tool for managing your vital documents, whether they are on the device or in the cloud. Judging by the fabulous response from our users we're doing something right.

We're also very excited about the introduction of BB10 in the coming months. Much of the functionality that we pioneered with Files & Folders on PlayBook will be built in to the BB10 platform and available for all apps, and we plan to extend our app to make working with your local and remote documents even easier. We're also working on some completely new ideas. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Finally, we'd like to give a big shout out to the runner up Pacemaker. In our experience it's a fabulous app for DJ's and music lovers alike. We've used it on stage, and it's well worth the few bucks for such a professional tool. Recommended!
    12-29-12 10:20 PM
    Congrats or gefeliciteerd in Dutch, a well deserved first place if you ask me!

You guys could become 2013 winners again if you are able to implement some of the request, like (streaming) NAS support..
    Keep up the good work & pas op met vuurwerk morgen
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-30-12 03:11 AM
    You guys could become 2013 winners again if you are able to implement some of the request, like (streaming) NAS support..
    We're constantly evaluating feasibility of such things, but we're mindful of building features that will (soon) be offered by the OS.

Though details are sketchy, BB10 is rumored to support something called "Work Drives" out of the box. A RIM app with that title briefly appeared in App World a few weeks ago, but was quickly removed again. Some screenshots in this thread. If this turns out to be true, we should be able to use it to stream from NAS.

What other features would you like to see?
    E10CDM likes this.
    01-04-13 05:29 AM
    Congrats, great app, well deserved honours.

The ability to add multiple accounts for single cloud services would be nice. I have several box and drive accounts and to not have to log out of one and into another would be great. Would also help for organizing files between the accounts in the same service.
    01-04-13 11:20 AM
    The ability to add multiple accounts for single cloud services would be nice.
    This is planned for the BB10 version, though that feature may not be ready for launch. In any case we'll see whether we can back-port it to the PlayBook version.
    01-04-13 09:49 PM
    well done. congrats. love your app.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-04-13 11:32 PM
    Well-deserved! Great work, and congratulations!!
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-05-13 01:05 AM
    I'm not sure you deserved the title. All you guys did was build an awesome app, improve update and fix it as required, whilst maintaining a support presence here and on your emails ;-)

Seriously, this is well deserved indeed- hope that you get the success and wider recognition you deserve.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-05-13 03:44 AM
    I'm not sure you deserved the title. All you guys did was build an awesome app, improve update and fix it as required, whilst maintaining a support presence here and on your emails ;-)

Seriously, this is well deserved indeed- hope that you get the success and wider recognition you deserve.
    That's true - that should be standard service. But, alas, it is not. So they definitely deserve the award. Actually, there are other developers hereabouts that also provide terrific service and response.
    Barljo and Innovatology like this.
    01-05-13 08:35 AM
    You all (the other winners and nominees) make it easy for us with your great apps and assistance.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-05-13 08:54 AM
    [QUOTE=Innovatology;7823671
    What other features would you like to see?[/QUOTE]

I have my own personal cloud. I would love to get it into my files and folders app rather than through the browser.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-05-13 09:01 AM
    I have my own personal cloud. I would love to get it into my files and folders app rather than through the browser.
    Maybe the developer can address your request if he knew the name of the personal cloud solution you have deployed. There are many self-hosted personal cloud solutions ranging from NAS-type devices to web server / application server solutions installed onto your own computers.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-05-13 12:18 PM
    Maybe the developer can address your request if he knew the name of the personal cloud solution you have deployed. There are many self-hosted personal cloud solutions ranging from NAS-type devices to web server / application server solutions installed onto your own computers.
    Quite right, thanks! Wasn't actually looking too hard for a solution, just throwing it out there.

Mine is a Seagate NAS. Naturally they have apps for the other platforms so BB10 will have to gain some traction before they make an app for the PB.

I will have to toy around with it for a while but so far, having 2TB of cloud storage has been sweet.
    01-05-13 12:47 PM
    Mine is a Seagate NAS. Naturally they have apps for the other platforms so BB10 will have to gain some traction before they make an app for the PB.
    Good suggestion, but as noted earlier in this thread, access to file shares will probably be supported out-of-the-box by BB10. If not, we'll be doubling our efforts to get workable a solution at app level.

Keep 'em coming!
    Toodeurep likes this.
    01-06-13 07:25 PM
    For those of you eagerly awaiting the BB10 version - it is pending approval from the App BlackBerry World folks. In the meantime, here's a screen shot. More on our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/FilesFolders

Readers Choice Awards: thank you!-040.peekback.png
    sushistew and Toodeurep like this.
    01-18-13 11:38 PM
    that looks nice, can't wait to see it on my bb10
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-19-13 11:54 AM