I tried the other day and it said I was on an unsupported browser today it seems to work.

This is running 2.0.1.358

So we have kindle on PlayBook again without android side loading
    Last edited by bigmadkev; 08-05-12 at 06:35 PM.
    B3hindBlueEyes likes this.
    08-05-12 06:28 PM
    I also noticed this and posted in a different thread. Also try the Amazon Cloud Player, which works as well. I'm in shock, wondering if I've been drugged...

I wouldn't go and remove the Android Reader though. It has much better features than the Cloud Reader, like the dictionary, highlighter, etc.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 08-05-12 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Added comment
    08-05-12 08:51 PM
    maybe a kindle app coming soon? maybe very soon?
    08-05-12 10:14 PM
    maybe a kindle app coming soon? maybe very soon?
    I heard 60 days, from the CEO himself. Product management softened that a bit and said "early summer".
    08-05-12 11:27 PM
    I tried the other day and it said I was on an unsupported browser today it seems to work.

This is running 2.0.1.358

So we have kindle on PlayBook again without android side loading
    You sir, have made my day. HA! I can't wait to check it out. Hopefully it works with my OS version. If not, I'll downgrade to have this functionality.

Here's to hoping an app comes soon. Possibly Netflix would get on board once seeing the Amazon cloud player working. A man can hope right?
    08-06-12 08:31 AM
    I will check it too but it hasn't workd for me in ages forcing me to use kobo.
    08-06-12 08:48 AM
    Looks perfect, downloaded a free book to try it, reader appears to load the book perfectly and then - there is nothing there! Is there some trick to this?
    08-06-12 09:15 AM
    Looks perfect, downloaded a free book to try it, reader appears to load the book perfectly and then - there is nothing there! Is there some trick to this?
    First of all, OMG it's working again!! It now functions flawlessly for me. Even the pin, font sizes, background, dictionary, notes etc. This still only has one orientation and that is it reads in the portrait mode only.

To the OP, your book is in the library of the cloud reader. Click it. It's there! Make sure you initially start it up in the portrait mode and keep it that way.
    08-06-12 09:48 AM
    There was always a quirk in the Cloud Reader from the first time it appeared - you must use portrait mode to read books. So BEFORE you launch the Cloud Reader, turn your PB to portrait orientation. Then you will see the books just fine.
    08-06-12 10:46 AM
    Works fine. I bought a book to try it. No problem, billing was thru my regular amazon account.
    08-06-12 11:48 AM
    There was always a quirk in the Cloud Reader from the first time it appeared - you must use portrait mode to read books. So BEFORE you launch the Cloud Reader, turn your PB to portrait orientation. Then you will see the books just fine.
    God, I love forums!

Thanks so much.....
    08-08-12 01:47 AM
    Thank you for posting about the portrait thing I was about to give up on it thinking it didn't work in UK but it does whoop. Do I have to be connected to the Internet via wifi or bridge open the link to cloud reader then download one of my books then I can disconnect and carry on reading? Is there a way to read when I have no way of connecting? I'm thinking say on a plane where there is no Internet can a book be stored on playbook like books Are stored on my kindle ereader. Hope this doesn't seem daft I'm not good with tech!
    08-08-12 04:25 AM
    Using this now over Bridge Browser. It's so much better than the sideloaded app - why can't they just package this up as a standalone app?
    08-08-12 06:57 AM
    Wohoo. If it lasts....

08-08-12 08:06 AM
    Thank you for posting about the portrait thing I was about to give up on it thinking it didn't work in UK but it does whoop. Do I have to be connected to the Internet via wifi or bridge open the link to cloud reader then download one of my books then I can disconnect and carry on reading? Is there a way to read when I have no way of connecting? I'm thinking say on a plane where there is no Internet can a book be stored on playbook like books Are stored on my kindle ereader. Hope this doesn't seem daft I'm not good with tech!
    My advice for using the Cloud Reader on an airplane is to simply open the browser and Cloud Reader prior to boarding. Make sure you have the book open you want to read. Then turn on the airplane mode once you are boarded.

But to answer the question, the Cloud Reader does indeed work when the PB is in airplane mode and after you open the browser. As long as the book is dnloaded to the PB, it will work just fine. The same is true for the sideloaded Kindle Reader. Give it a try at home by turning on airplane mode and opening read.amazon.com in the browser.
    08-08-12 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD