Yesterday I replaced my PB that I returned to Best Buy due to damage. Being the distrusting New Yorker that I am I changed my BBID after I wiped the old PB. When I setup the new one the few small apps I bought were gone. I called tech support and spoke with a very nice, knowledgeable girl to see if I could get them back. After several minutes it was going to be more trouble than it's worth so I told her I would just buy them again.

Before she hung up she asked if there was anything else she could do for me and I told her there was but I already knew the answer. She said, what's that?

ME: When are we going to get the next OS update?

HER: Well, I can't tell you when but I can tell you it is very, very soon. They are working on finishing it.

ME: That's better then what I expected you to say.

HER: What did you expect?

ME: I expected you to tell me that you have no idea. That they don't share that into with you.

HER: (laugh)
    iPearl likes this.
    07-15-11 12:19 PM
    As far as I know, paid apps should be tied to your bbid.
    07-15-11 12:31 PM
    EdS817 brings up a valid point and I think RIM will need to find a way for people to change their BBID while retaining their paid apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 12:53 PM
    Curious why didnt you just change your bbid password? And by changing BBID do you mean you changed it or just created a new one?
    07-15-11 01:01 PM
    Too bad she couldn't be convinced to give up a date! Uuurrrgggghhh.....

But hey, I guess soon is MUCH better than we don't have a clue.
    07-15-11 01:04 PM
    EdS817 brings up a valid point and I think RIM will need to find a way for people to change their BBID while retaining their paid apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hear people say this and I get confused. No, you can't create a NEW BlackBerry ID and transfer your paid apps to it, but you can change the screen name and email address of your BlackBerry ID, and you can change devices associated with it. *EDIT: And, of course, you can also change the password.* Is there some other part of being able to "change" your BlackBerry ID that I don't understand?
    07-15-11 01:05 PM
    If tech support already knows about it then it must be coming soon because they would need a heads up to be prepared for calls after the update hits.

At least that is what they would do on the Service Desk I work on. Although we do get blindsided from time to time, lol.
    07-15-11 02:23 PM
    I also spoke with a rep today and he said it would be very soon but WILL NOT be much more than a few bug fixes and very minor features added. He wouldn't say much more than that but he assured me it would be relatively minor and told me not to get my hopes up. Unfortunate, but I believe he was telling the truth.
    Well thats all we can ever expect sadly. What "hope" is there to "get up" with them anymore. I'm being plenty patient, but they turm around and deny saying "60 days" etc. Too many products all being rushed at the same time...but thats just the beginning of their problems.
    07-15-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD