Additional issues after first use (typing an email on our Terminal Server) :

- As I typed, the text started to roll under the keyboard so I couldn't see it. That’s a definite usability challenge as correcting text I can’t see is virtually impossible.

- No visible cursor

- Tried to resize the email window so it occupied only the screen space above the virtual keyboard but that was extremely challenging annd I gave up

So far the product is fast, stable and easy to use. The developer is extremely responsive. Let's see how we can deal with these other issues as they arise.

- R.

EDIT : Todd has already gotten back to me and said he will be looking into the keyboard overlapping the typing area. I'd assume this would be an issue with any tablet given the virtual keyboard. Very fast response from Todd!
    Last edited by Rooster99; 01-25-12 at 05:16 PM.
    01-25-12 04:07 PM
    I am able to setup the VPN/RDP to connect to work PCs. From Work to Home I use the Telnet/SSH (in appworld) to create a SSH connection. I use CopSSH (free) on my home PC as the SSH server. Once I have a SSH connections I use the RDP thru the SSH tunnel.
    It works.... Incredible. Now I have secure full PC access from my tethered PlayBook anywhere I go... for $6.99 for Remote Desktop app and $1.99 for PuTTY client.

BTW - I went with WinSSHD for the SSH server (personal free edition) since it has more controls and more auditing / alerting.

Thanks for recommending.
    01-25-12 06:58 PM
    has anyone tried this client connecting via TS gateway to their work pc? i can't seem to connect. i'll try this app when im inside work.
    01-25-12 10:20 PM
    I am getting the "Could not connect to server" alert while trying to connect to my work server using the same settings that I use when I connect to my work server with my laptop.
    Work runs both Terminal Server 2008 and Terminal server 2003 and I cannot connect to either server. I have rechecked connecting with my laptop and it is OK. Note that my laptop is not on the domain and I have also connected to work using other private computers OK.
    My laptop settings for RDC on my laptop are Computer:<SERVERNAME:port> Username:<xxxxx\MYNAME> where xxxx is the server domain I think.
    In RD Playbook I enter Server:xxxx Username:MYNAME Password:MYPASSWORD Domain:http://<SERVERNAME:port> Port:3389
    I have tried removing the port number from the Domain field and putting it into the Port field and removing http:// from the Domain field and making Username:xxxx\MYNAME and various combinations.

Can anyone help me please.
    Last edited by markh_57; 01-26-12 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Correct smiley
    01-26-12 03:10 AM
    I am getting the "Could not connect to server" alert while trying to connect to my work server using the same settings that I use when I connect to my work server with my laptop.
    Work runs both Terminal Server 2008 and Terminal server 2003 and I cannot connect to either server. I have rechecked connecting with my laptop and it is OK. Note that my laptop is not on the domain and I have also connected to work using other private computers OK.
    My laptop settings for RDC on my laptop are Computer:<SERVERNAMEort> Username:<xxxxx\MYNAME> where xxxx is the server domain I think.
    In RD Playbook I enter Server:xxxx Username:MYNAME Password:MYPASSWORD Domain:http://<SERVERNAMEort> Port:3389
    I have tried removing the port number from the Domain field and putting it into the Port field and removing http:// from the Domain field and making Username:xxxx\MYNAME and various combinations.

Can anyone help me please.
    I think you need to put just the DNS name (server name) in server:, and domain is just Windows DOMAIN name (not DNS domain). You enter port into separate port box.
    01-26-12 07:21 AM
    I solved my problem, maybe this will help someone else.

I was misunderstanding the definitions of domain and server and misunderstanding the RDC connection credentials.

if your RDC credentials are
    Computer name: <HOST COMPUTER NAME>.<DOMAIN NAME>:<PORT #>
    Username: XXXX\<MY NAME>

Then in RD for Playbook use
    Server:<HOST COMPUTER NAME>.<DOMAIN NAME> [without the port number and without http:\\ and without www
    Username:<MY NAME>
    Password:<MY PASSWORD>
    Domain:XXXX
    Port:<PORT #> [if you don't have one for RDC, then 3389 should work, otherwise contact your system administrator - as I should have done instead of tryign to figure it out on my own!]

Good luck
    Mark
    pokemom likes this.
    01-26-12 07:28 AM
    This looks really good. I could DEFINITLY use this. I'm going to buy it......as soon as OS 2.0 comes out & I've confirmed that RIM has not added this to their "Professional Tablet"
    02-04-12 06:50 PM
    Ok, I took the plunge. Seems to works well with Win7 on latest OS2 beta!

You get a startup screen where you can define your servers and save your settings. Then once connected you can pinch to zoom and swipe down for options, including keyboard, resolution, right-mouse click and ctrl-alt-del. It's a native PB app, not an Android port.

Performance is pretty good. It does not support audio as far as I could tell.

Well done Todd!!!
    Can anyone tell me how to keep the audio local on the host computer when i log into a remote machine using playbook remote desktop?
    02-05-12 02:09 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD