Is there any rapid charging dock with a micro usb for transfering files of any kind available out there?

Thanks,

Not that I've ever seen.
    02-07-13 06:48 AM
    why not use wifi transfer while pb is on the charging dock?

it is possible
    02-07-13 07:51 AM
    Im not that much of a hacker...=), USB is easier. Maby I have to learn to do that.

Thanks!
    02-07-13 08:44 AM
    Wouldn`t that be great if there were...
    02-07-13 08:45 AM
    Im not that much of a hacker...=), USB is easier. Maby I have to learn to do that.

Thanks!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-wi-fi-661022/
    Bad Whippet likes this.
    02-07-13 09:08 AM
    Yep the playbook has a built in option to wifi files to and from it I posted about this about two weeks ago on how to transfer wifi using the playbook.

If the OP would of been reading my initial post better they would of realized it can be done and I have done it, not while it was on the dock charger, but I is doable while charging it there.
    02-07-13 11:12 AM

Thanks!
    Hi
    I would recommend you set up wifi transfer. It's brilliant and even I managed to follow the instructions given in the link above.

Seriously, it's not too difficult, just follow the instructions. One of the main benefits is that you don't need to use the usb port, which is subject to damage if not carefully used. Once you have set it up for wifi, your Playbook will show in Windows Explorer, like any other drive, so you can just click and drag to transfer files. You can also sideload over the wifi, again not difficult to do if you follow instructions.

So, go on, have a go at setting up. Nothing to loose and plenty of help in this forum if you get stuck, but doubt you will have any major issues.

Good luck
    02-07-13 11:50 AM
    Hi
    I would recommend you set up wifi transfer. It's brilliant and even I managed to follow the instructions given in the link above.

Seriously, it's not too difficult, just follow the instructions. One of the main benefits is that you don't need to use the usb port, which is subject to damage if not carefully used. Once you have set it up for wifi, your Playbook will show in Windows Explorer, like any other drive, so you can just click and drag to transfer files. You can also sideload over the wifi, again not difficult to do if you follow instructions.

So, go on, have a go at setting up. Nothing to loose and plenty of help in this forum if you get stuck, but doubt you will have any major issues.

Good luck
    Just one thing worth pointing out - I've said it before, and no doubt will have to say it again - transfer speeds for WiFi are likely to be considerably slower than USB, so if you're transferring big video files, or gigs worth of data, then unless you can leave it for hours, USB is the way. Best case scenario for WiFi would be a fraction of potential USB2 throughput, and I suspect it's highly unlikely that you'll get connectivity at best case scenario speeds - and even if you did, you'd struggle to maintain throughput at that rate, so USB is a huge advantage when transferring over a lot of data (gigabytes - which is easily done, if you're copying some video to your playbook).
    02-07-13 02:13 PM
    Somewbere I found a thread recommending the minin stand made by Jada industries. Found the stand in Amazon for $59.95+5.00 shipping. See perch stand for Blackberry Playbook. Seems a bit pricey to me.

With the rapid travel charger it should be relatively easy to connect the PB for charging and use the other two HDMI and USB ports at the same time while also setting it on almost any support stand. If necessary you can operate the PB with the ports at the top. You could easily be viewing a movie with the HDMI port or using the usb port to transfer files.Of course if you don't have the rapid travel charger you could still use the usb port for charging. The perch stand requires you to get a right angle USB adapter according to their literature.
    02-07-13 02:38 PM
    Somewbere I found a thread recommending the minin stand made by Jada industries. Found the stand in Amazon for $59.95+5.00 shipping. See perch stand for Blackberry Playbook. Seems a bit pricey to me.

With the rapid travel charger it should be relatively easy to connect the PB for charging and use the other two HDMI and USB ports at the same time while also setting it on almost any support stand. If necessary you can operate the PB with the ports at the top. You could easily be viewing a movie with the HDMI port or using the usb port to transfer files.Of course if you don't have the rapid travel charger you could still use the usb port for charging. The perch stand requires you to get a right angle USB adapter according to their literature.
    I often use my PlayBook, in a stand (360 case / stand thingmy) in inverted landscape orientation, with the rapid travel charger plugged into the top, and I sometimes use the USB connection if I want to transfer some data. That could just as easily be using the HDMI port.

The 360 cases are really cool for using them like that, plus the way they stand is pretty stable.
    02-07-13 02:51 PM
    Perch stand for the BlackBerry Playbook

There is cheaper stands out there but this one is good looking.
    02-07-13 03:09 PM
    Perch stand for the BlackBerry Playbook

There is cheaper stands out there but this one is good looking.
    This is the 360 case that you can leave it in, and still invert it to either get access to the charging / USB / HDMI ports, or normal landscape and have the hardware buttons and headphone socket.

I bought mine from evilbay, and it was something like about 8 UK pounds, delivered, and compared side-by-side with the official stand case, is actually preferable for quality - at least from appearance / touch, and things like the strap to hold it closed.
    02-07-13 03:15 PM
    This is the 360 case that you can leave it in, and still invert it to either get access to the charging / USB / HDMI ports, or normal landscape and have the hardware buttons and headphone socket.

I bought mine from evilbay, and it was something like about 8 UK pounds, delivered, and compared side-by-side with the official stand case, is actually preferable for quality - at least from appearance / touch, and things like the strap to hold it closed.
    Thumbs up for this case. I also have one of these and it's just brilliant. It's also easy enough to remove from the case to put on dock charger, without causing problems to the case. Definitely would recommend.
    Cheers
    02-07-13 04:48 PM
    Im happy that I jumped on the BB-train. I still just have a playbook, but im going for the q10 when it hits Sweden or maby as early as Germany or France get it.

Thanks for all the feed back and tips!

An other thing, for all of you that have a BB-phone aswell, what about if BB made one version for phone users syncing ala old style but newer and more modern. Then one version if you wants i for a tablet only use...? Maby you could have two download options... Its not fun to have 3-4 units geting the same emails when it coms to deleting.
    The syncing can surley be mor effective, I dont know anything about it, I just seen it on you tube=). But it is one of the reasons I like to have the phone- among mush others!
    02-08-13 03:03 AM