at cowboom today only 11/10/12 for 9.99 plus 3.00 shipping, new
    Deal of the Day | Electronics Deal of the Day | Daily Deals | CowBoom
    11-10-12 11:49 AM
    I need the rapid charger not the dock. I'm still pissed I passed out on a deal on amazon last month. It was for about $17 and free shipping.
    11-10-12 12:15 PM
    I got my dock a year ago. It worked well at first, but eventually the connector doesn't make proper contact---and then it only appears to charge (charging symbol on icon, but no current to battery). I paid about the same price for mine, and now almost never use it.

The rapid charger that Pragnesh89 describes (with the magnetic connector) would be a much better purchase, especially if it can be found for under $20.
    11-10-12 12:55 PM
    11-10-12 01:30 PM
    I ordered one this morning.
    idonnoman likes this.
    11-10-12 01:49 PM
    Just ordered one myself to add with the Playbook I got my daughter for Xmas. Thanks for the info!
    11-10-12 02:39 PM
    My first dock went bad and my second has now actually discharged two different PlayBook's in the last week but it does still work. It stinks they go bad so quickly because I really enjoy the dock style.
    11-10-12 04:30 PM
    I would like to order a dock from CowBoom - Anyone know if they ship to Canada?
    11-10-12 04:59 PM
    Not in the US!
    DC506 likes this.
    11-10-12 05:15 PM
    I would like to order a dock from CowBoom - Anyone know if they ship to Canada?
    I tried to register on site, but no option to input a Canadian address.
    11-10-12 05:23 PM
    I got my dock a year ago. It worked well at first, but eventually the connector doesn't make proper contact---and then it only appears to charge (charging symbol on icon, but no current to battery). I paid about the same price for mine, and now almost never use it.

The rapid charger that Pragnesh89 describes (with the magnetic connector) would be a much better purchase, especially if it can be found for under $20.
    Had the same problem, dock worked great and then one of the pins wasn't connecting, and wouldn't charge, bought the rapid charger at Radio Shack for 14.99 and it works great, miss the dock though.
    11-10-12 06:12 PM
    Not in the US!
    Only in Canada, eh?.....pity
    11-10-12 08:24 PM

The charger that came with my Playbook has a rating of 1.8A at 5V.

According to Blackberry site, Rapid Wall Charger is rated at 24Watts and will charge at 2X standard Playbook charger. If the 24 Watts is output at 5V, that would indicate a max current of 4.8A but I have not seen that specified.

The main reason the stand was of interest (other than price!) was so I would not have to use the micro usb daily and eventually damage it - The rapid charger and the stand would solve this problem. But do we really need a faster charger - seems to charge quite quickly anyway.

BTW, the rapid charger is not shown on the shopblackberry.com site if you look under Power. It does come up if you search for the product number. Perhaps being discontinued or too new a product?
    11-10-12 09:27 PM
    As stated in other threads the rapid travel charger puts about 2.4 amps maximum in the battery but it supplies extra power to keep running the tablet while charging. Since the PB controls the charging rate the rate starts dropping off as you approach full charge. Overall the rapid charger cuts 10-20% off the charge time. The dock certainly needs redesigning to allow access to hdmi and usb while charging and allow more easily for charging in cases.
    11-10-12 10:11 PM