One for the UK peeps on here.

I ordered and received my shiney new Playbook dock charger, it came with two mains cables, one was the North American and another for UK. The issue I have is the thickness of the UK cable so I am wondering if many of you peeps out there who have had the same cable supplied have put a plug on the North American cable which is much thinner and neater?

The UK cable thickness is OTT, is way thicker than that on my toaster which has a much higher load. My only concern is the warranty once I cut the cable should I need to return everything as faulty in the future.
    Cheers
    sweb likes this.
    01-03-13 06:40 AM
    I would just use the UK cable supplied, keeps you on the safe side! Though I was supplied with only one cable, which is quite thin. Where did you buy it from?
    01-03-13 07:19 AM
    Bough it of Amazon!
    I am guessing this maybe a grey market product as the UK cable was packaged separate to the the charger, the only thing that bothers me is the thickness that just makes it so ugly looking when it should be neat and tidy. Cheers
    01-03-13 07:25 AM
    One for the UK peeps on here.

I ordered and received my shiney new Playbook dock charger, it came with two mains cables, one was the North American and another for UK. The issue I have is the thickness of the UK cable so I am wondering if many of you peeps out there who have had the same cable supplied have put a plug on the North American cable which is much thinner and neater?

The UK cable thickness is OTT, is way thicker than that on my toaster which has a much higher load. My only concern is the warranty once I cut the cable should I need to return everything as faulty in the future.
    Cheers
    Swap your toaster cable with the UK rapid charger cable
    01-03-13 07:38 AM
    I bought a UK supplied dock a few months ago (approx �18) from Amazon.....the lead is quite thick.It came with the proper UK 3 pin plug....reading some Amazon reviews some came with a 2pin EU plug which needed an adaptor.
    01-03-13 08:21 AM
    Sounds like the same one broxster, seems to be the luck of the draw! I have re-visited amazon and yes when i read all the reviews i came across a couple that mentioned the thick cable, i have emailed amazon about the description as I feel it is not accurate and again highlighted it on my review of the product.
    I really cannot understand why such a thick cable is required.
    Cheers any guys.
    01-03-13 10:27 AM
    The leads are probably made to suit other devices,i believe its called a 3 pin "cloverleaf" plug......alot of laptop power adaptors seem to use them.
    01-03-13 10:44 AM