over the weekend went to bestbuy to get the zagg invisible shield. even had them put it on for $7.99 as they did have their own return policy aside from zaggs lifetime warranty. if your not happy for any reason bestbuy will replace or refund for you.

-it didn't seem to have any effect on the touch(no need to worry about calibrating)
    -orange peel texture look drove me nuts (maybe an ocd thing)
    -gestures/movements felt very grippy

i ended up removing the invisible shield and i am happy i did, the gripping and smoothness is a night and day difference.
    04-26-11 07:11 AM
    Yeah, I have the zagg and I'm noticing everything you mentioned. The fingerprints seem to be much more noticible on the screen as well. The orange peel texture really bothers me though. I'm keeping it on for now to see if I can get over it, but it may be coming off soon for me too.
    04-26-11 08:07 AM
    While I don't have a playbook, I do use Zagg on all of my devices. It's been my experience that over time, the 'orange peel' feeling will go away with continued use. The first few days, weeks it is somewhat sticky, but seems to smooth out. Again thats just my experince.
    04-26-11 09:05 AM
    I only notice that orange peel look when the PlayBook is off. When it is on I cannot see it at all, not even a little. I even did a side-by-side comparison of my PlayBook WITH the Zagg and my mother's Playbook WITHOUT the Zagg and there was absolutely NO difference in the screen quality. I asked several people to look at the two units side-by-side and not one person could tell any difference and, in fact, nobody could even tell which one had the screen protector on it.
    04-26-11 09:20 AM
    The grippy feel is worse on the PLaybook than on any other device. I have no idea why. It's getting to be a real problem for me and I'm on the brink of taking it off.
    04-26-11 09:23 AM
    I do feel that grippiness too but for some reason it's not bothering me as much as I see it bothers others. I do have a very light touch on the screen though. I can totally see how someone who has a slightly heavier touch would hate it. I barely touch the screen with my finger. You don't need much pressure.
    04-26-11 09:32 AM
    I do feel that grippiness too but for some reason it's not bothering me as much as I see it bothers others. I do have a very light touch on the screen though. I can totally see how someone who has a slightly heavier touch would hate it. I barely touch the screen with my finger. You don't need much pressure.
    How about fingerprints with the ZAGG? More, less, or the same than without it?
    04-26-11 10:02 AM
    I find it accumulates fingerprints less than the screen but it accumulates general dust particles to a greater extent.
    Got to try the Lindajm22 light touch approach as this grippyness is driving me crazy I try scroll down through a word document and it offers me cursors to select text! Curse my chunky fingers!
    tsells likes this.
    04-26-11 10:18 AM
    I find it leaves less fingerprints with the Zagg.

One other thing I thought of, I can see this grippiness being more of a problem in the summer when my fingers might be more sweaty. Maybe not though, we shall see!
    tsells likes this.
    04-26-11 10:32 AM
    I had BestBuy install the shield when I purchased my PB a few days ago - so I've never used it w/o the shield except initially in the store. But ever since a few icons have been difficult to hit. Notably browser menu show/hide toggle in the upper right and the browser back button (the most frustrating). I've tried varying my touch time, pressure, everything I can think of and am and seriously thinking of removing it. Otherwise I love it - the peel texture doesn't faze me in the least and I have no finger prints at all and screen image is amazing.

Please I could use some advice. Basically does anyone else have any issues ever having using the browser back or menu hide buttons with the shield on? Thanks alot. R.

PB 32GB, Bold 9000
    05-21-11 12:25 PM
    I saw a post about ghost armor and decided to try it out. My fingers glide through the screen . I have the full body cover and I'm glad I did. No grip feeling whatsoever. Oil from fingers and fingerprint is not an issue at all. The back cover is completely cured and looks amazing. All soap bubbles dried and smooth as butter. Definitely worth the $35.

One last thing, cleaning the playbook with ghost armor installed is as simple as one pass with the oem cloth.
    05-21-11 12:46 PM
    Because of these complaints about the Zagg I'm thinking of going with Ghost Armor
    05-21-11 12:54 PM
    I have noticed that Zagg has gone WAY downhill over the past few years. I had there protective screens before their website was zagg.com and they were amazing. Now they're grippy, scratch easily, stick less, etc. Sad to see such a good thing fade away.
    05-21-11 01:21 PM
    less gripping with daily use..nice black shiny back look..decreased smudging. don't need to use the special cloth, i can just use my shirt..free lifetime warranty..no worries about scratching it..
    05-21-11 09:40 PM
    I put the Zagg Invisible Shield on 10 days ago, and I still have it on. I decided to keep it on until I switch to Ghost Armor but I've notice that the "orange peel" effect has somewhat diminished with use as well as the "sticky" feeling. However I did locate a Ghost Armor installer in my area and proceeded to have it installed. The representative that was doing the installations show me a product that was just completed and the effect and protection was the SAME. The extra $35 was not worth it so I stayed with Zagg
    05-21-11 11:39 PM
    Way too expensive when there are equals on the market for a fraction of the price. Try bestskinsever or phantomskinz.
    05-22-11 01:14 AM
    I just had my PB zagg protector replaced yesterday. There was a clear visual distortion down the center of the screen in addition to several short vertical lines on the right side. The first protector didn't seem to be cut properly either. The second shield is definitely cut better and the tech that installed it was very good. But this shield has a vertical line down the center of the screen. I have had zagg screen protectors on more devices than i can count and have never had such problems. The sticky feeling doesn't even bother me because I'm used to it. Very disappointed.
    05-22-11 10:08 AM
    Zagg protectors f'ing suck, always have. Totally destroyed the last one I put on and got a refund, but even when put on correctly the tackiness and orange peel are unforgivable. Just buy a $3 clear one from HandHeldItems.com or something it'll look and feel much better.
    05-22-11 10:30 AM
    I tried the Zagg and ended up returning it to Best Buy for many of these same reasons. The screen was just too sticky with it on that it was hard to do touchscreen functions effectively. It also got some scratches in it from just using the screen cleaning cloth that came with it. I have been going without a screen protector since it is in the convertible case, but may consider the Ghost Armor protector.
    05-22-11 11:15 AM
    The display PB at Best Buy had a Zagg on it and I fricken hated it. I don't have screen protector on my PB yet because I am not sure if I am keeping it, but if I do I will get it from bestskinsever.com. They are half the price of Zagg and offer equal protection. I have one on mu iPhone, camera, GPS, and iPod.
    05-22-11 11:28 AM
    I read all the reviews on zagg and I decided to go with one from greatshield (You get 3 for $10 including shipping). Got the glossy HC model and it is almost like the naked screen. I have also tried an anti-glare one and hated it because the screen detail suffered.
    05-28-12 10:47 AM
    I had a Zagg on mine and finally yanked it off. It developed a horrible purplish horizontal line down the middle within the first month of applying it (I'm guessing from swiping sideways). I didn't want to remove it and risk my screen getting damaged but finally had enuff of trying to read or watch videos thru the mess in the middle. When I looked at it after I got it off there was a lot more of this purple discoloration that I didn't realize was there. Loving my screen naked. Won't ever use Zagg again.
    05-28-12 11:56 AM
    I have to say I have a Zagg on mine, and my wife has a on her ipad. We both have the full body and to me the screen looks the same when in use and I don't really notice the 'sticky' feeling. I do notice that with it on the ipad you can hold / grip it better with one hand flat on the back. I like the Zagg and have had it on for close to a year. So far no issues or problems. I am also ordering three more today for family as they are 1/2 price all day making the screen cover only 9.99.
    05-28-12 12:05 PM
    I had the same experience with my 9800.

Bottom line for me: BlackBerry screens a plenty tough and do not need screen protectors so I don't waste my money on them.
    05-28-12 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD