I got the last one at the Best Buy I went to, checked stock online at 4 different FS's, and 3 BB's and only one had any so I raced out to get it. Now however with a Otterbox on order I believe I may regret buying it as I'll have to take it out of the Otterbox to fit on the stand.

If I had bought just the rapid charger instead...
    04-26-11 04:00 PM
    The longer it takes to charge a battery (i.e. slow charge), the longer the lifetime of battery.

Pick your poison.
    04-26-11 06:00 PM
    I bet it wasn't in the stand properly. Easy to miss the charging contacts. Also. you can not turn it off or put the pb to hard-sleep in the stand. It is always on or in standby.
    maybe but it had the lightning bolt on when i set it in the cradle. I have read other posts where folks have lost power overnight. I think there is a bug in the trickle charge logic or perhaps the charger itself. It is only happening on one of my units on one charger, so tonight we will switch for a test to see if we can replicate. I lost more power on the charger than the nights i left it not charging!

One night i may well have put it in a hard sleep the second night i definitely did not.

It may be charging up to 100% and then dropping the charge down and potentially draining the battery through the contacts??? Not sure - just making the observations.
    04-26-11 11:05 PM
    ^^ does "hard sleep" mean "turn off"? The PlayBook doesn't charge when powered off.
    04-27-11 12:26 AM
    What I like to know is if this charger comes with easy way to adapt it to different wall sockets e.g. EU/US/Asia?
    Like the travel charger with phones.
    04-27-11 01:34 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD