Just curious if with the processor bump on the LTE model if it makes a big difference with using the native browser. Also not sure if anyone might still use emulators to play old games, would love to hear that retroarch runs quicker that what it does on the standard WiFi model. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    11-11-14 09:39 PM
    Just curious if with the processor bump on the LTE model if it makes a big difference with using the native browser. Also not sure if anyone might still use emulators to play old games, would love to hear that retroarch runs quicker that what it does on the standard WiFi model. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    The LTE model makes a difference.
    11-11-14 09:42 PM
    However is it enough of a difference to buy one for 100 for basic web browsing or just buy a nexus 7? I just really love the build quality and feeling in hand of the playbook.
    11-11-14 11:17 PM
    I have both PBs and I don't notice one running faster than the other.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 01:24 AM
    ok thanks, thats helps alot
    11-12-14 09:53 AM
    I have both PBs and I don't notice one running faster than the other.

Posted via CB10
    I did. It's noticeable mostly when multi tasking on a wifi 64gb version.
    I do not encounter that same lag with the LTE version.
    I listen to music, take notes, read pdfs or epub, Facebook and browse origami/fast browser without a hitch.

Also OP I purchased a PlayBook two months ago because I was in badly need of an ebook reader.
    And honestly it is the only purpose I intend it to ever have. Environment limitations my friend. Any social apps, shenanigans and games, I have my z30 for that. So make sure you understand the playbook although its limitations it is still a very solid device for lots of things. Except the apps.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    11-12-14 06:24 PM
    This is good for me, foe I just bought an LTE today, and I cannot wait for it to arrive. My 64gb one is on its way out, and I have been eyeing the LTE for some time now. :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:26 PM
    This is good for me, foe I just bought an LTE today, and I cannot wait for it to arrive. My 64gb one is on its way out, and I have been eyeing the LTE for some time now. :-)

Posted via CB10
    You'll need a mobile SIM card handy otherwise you won't get far with the LTE model.
    11-13-14 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the info, I will be prepared. :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:02 AM