Hi crackberry.

Been using the playbook since beginning of July and I have to say its replaced all devices (even my iphone) I own apart from my laptop for .mkv files but I absolutely loath turning it on!!!!! Anyway, I wondered if anybody knew of a way to quickly get to the top or bottom of a webpage without a link? Found on a couple of occasions ive burnt the tip of my finger trying to scroll quicker :/.

Also I hadnt seen his pointed out anywhere but did you know you can close apps without minimising them. Slide from left or right bezel as you would to change app, then before it chooses the app, slide up..

Joe
    JR A and tonyron227 like this.
    09-09-11 02:27 PM
    Although sometimes when I try mashing around in the web page with several fingers, I've been able to get it to jump instantly to the top of the page, I have not yet been able to reproduce that. I think I'm somehow tricking the software which calculates "swipe velocity" and making it think I just did a light-speed slide towards the top.

The only practical improvement I've found over just swiping (the burnt-finger approach) is to rotate to portrait mode. It seems to me, whether because of the longer distance over which to swipe, or because it's zoomed smaller, that I can move long distances faster by doing this.

As for the other thing, it's been noted here and there, but not many find that so congrats. ;-)

It's also possible to view your entire wallpaper unobstructed by other stuff in a similar fashion. Without minimizing, slide until you're at the last app on either end (assuming more than one). Before the 90% window restores to fullscreen, touch and hold right at the farther edge of it, then slide your finger across the screen until it's just past the edge of the screen. (If you go more than 1/4" into the bezel it will lose track of your finger and snap back.)

If you do this carefully, and it may take one or two tries, you'll see nothing onscreen except your wallpaper, in all its glory. Nice for showing it off to someone...
    JR A, jegitoe and tonyron227 like this.
    09-09-11 02:37 PM
    Cool, I was thinking the same thing when I saw demo videos and wondered, "Hey, what if I swipe up before it goes back to full screen again..."

Thanks for confirming (and reminding me) this
    09-09-11 02:39 PM
    Ahhh good stuff, portrait mode does seem to work better.. I dont mind using it in portrait tbh, especially news or magazines.

Im not a massive poster but I saw the 'multi-tasking' thread earlier and was inspired. Thanks for the wallpaper tip. I think the playbook came preloaded with some very nice wallpapers and sometimed I just want to show off the one im using... In the process of converting an iPad user, looking for that extra feature or convenience that will tip him over..
    09-09-11 02:47 PM
    re: full wallpaper - hey, cute trick - it does take practice! And I was even able to snap a screenshot (although I already have the photo on the pb.
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-09-11 03:12 PM
    Love the wallpaper trick. I get a lot of people asking about my wallpaper photo and that's a perfect way to show it.
    09-09-11 05:24 PM
    If going all the way up is in the finger-burning category I just press refresh to reload the page... Go figure. The should add a double tap feature to the top and bottom bezel to scroll all the way up or down.
    09-09-11 06:48 PM
    You can also reload your Homepage by starting a new Tab or if only one tab is open, swiping down to get the Tab bar, and tap the little "x" and it closes the current page and reopens your Homepage.
    09-09-11 08:01 PM
    There used to be an arrow that would appear during a scroll flick up/down that would jump you to the top or bottom. This was on the os version that came installed on the device, before any updates. What happened? This was a great feature of the browser.
    09-10-11 12:58 AM
    Most of wepages now also has this "go back to top" link or button at the end of the webpage, specially if it is really long...
    09-10-11 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD