So I've really been on the edge about purchasing a playbook and I really don't want to let this Staples coupon expire on me but I have a couple questions regarding Fantasy Sports and Fantasy Football in particular in regards to the playbook.

* I understand the playbook was released following the end of the previous football season but maybe some of you guys can answer some of these questions.

1. Are there any specific sport sites apps for the playbook? I'm guessing ScoreMobile is one (not sure) but how about Espn.com, Yahoo.com, CbsSports.com, etc. [just wondering if there are any dedicated apps or if you have to manage your fantasy sports team/leagues through the browser

2. Has anybody successfully participated in a fantasy draft using a playbook? Preferably from Espn or Yahoo leagues.

3. Streaming vids - The specs on the playbook look great just wondering if anybody's been able to take advantage of streaming vids like the MLB package, or upcoming NFL season package from Direct Tv. *I know those leagues have dedicated apps for the iPad allowing one to stream vids just wondering if a playbook can do the same.
    07-30-11 11:23 AM
    I'm on Yahoo for fantasy. The Playbook has a full browser that supports flash. That means Yahoo espn and Cbs sports will run like a champ. As for dedicated apps, there was a demo app they used when the Playbook was about to come out. I havent seen it since. There is a Score app which is pretty good, has score tracking videos etc. Ill be using my Playbook for fantasy this year.
    Scion.Nole likes this.
    07-30-11 11:28 AM
    So I've really been on the edge about purchasing a playbook and I really don't want to let this Staples coupon expire on me but I have a couple questions regarding Fantasy Sports and Fantasy Football in particular in regards to the playbook.

* I understand the playbook was released following the end of the previous football season but maybe some of you guys can answer some of these questions.

1. Are there any specific sport sites apps for the playbook? I'm guessing ScoreMobile is one (not sure) but how about Espn.com, Yahoo.com, CbsSports.com, etc. [just wondering if there are any dedicated apps or if you have to manage your fantasy sports team/leagues through the browser

2. Has anybody successfully participated in a fantasy draft using a playbook? Preferably from Espn or Yahoo leagues.

3. Streaming vids - The specs on the playbook look great just wondering if anybody's been able to take advantage of streaming vids like the MLB package, or upcoming NFL season package from Direct Tv. *I know those leagues have dedicated apps for the iPad allowing one to stream vids just wondering if a playbook can do the same.
    You do not need apps. I play Yahoo and cbs sports direct through the browser. Yahoo Stattracker works great. I stream MLB TV. The video is excellent, but
    sometimes the sound in not in sinc. Go ahead and purchase the PB. You will
    be glad you did!
    Scion.Nole likes this.
    07-30-11 11:38 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies!! Yeah I'm definitely looking forward to easily whipping out the playbook and being to handle fantasy sports just as well as if I had a laptop around as I'm sure you both understand the frustrations sometimes one has trying to get by on only a phone while away from home.
    07-30-11 11:45 AM
    ditto. no dedicated fantasy app thus far, but the browser is so nice. bookmark shortcut to your team page might be just as quick/easy as opening a dedicated app.

ScoreMobile's PB app is pretty great. The layout/UI and swipe gestures are perfect.

As for fantasy draft...it's not great, unfortunately. The normal draft window loads fine, but it's difficult to navigate (scroll up and down between players). If you have a BT keyboard/mouse, then it's no issue. But anytime you want to scroll between players, it wants to drag them to your queue. I've used the Lite Draft Application option it gives you and, though it's definitely "lite," it's usable - you just don't get the projected stats.

Streaming vids - check. MLB.com package (other than their ridiculous blackouts - not PB-related) streams without issue. Screen is beautiful. Obv not as much real estate as a 10" tab, but the portability/form factor/hardware more than makes up for that.
    Scion.Nole likes this.
    07-30-11 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD