Hi All, I'm going to England and I don't want to fry my playbook!
    Please help save my playbook
    I have the International Premium charger.

Do I just use the 3-prong plug instead of the North Amer. 2-prong one and plug it directly into a UK wall socket or do I use it with the adaptor?

This confuses me all the time, but this is the first time I have a changeable plug for any device.
    I have fried hair dryers, battery chargers, etc before, so to be safe, I use an adaptor and a converter, but I know this is overkill.

Thanks for a y help
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 09:35 AM
    nothing will fry it, its rates 240v-100v, 50hz-60hz. Basically works every where that have a decent power suply. Just change out to the three prong one and you're good to go
    castoridae likes this.
    07-12-13 10:06 AM

Do I just use the 3-prong plug instead of the North Amer. 2-prong one and plug it directly into a UK wall socket or do I use it with the adaptor?

This confuses me all the time, but this is the first time I have a changeable plug for any device.
    I have fried hair dryers, battery chargers, etc before, so to be safe, I use an adaptor and a converter, but I know this is overkill.

Thanks for a y help
    Your being silly again. You know this is a third world country so we use 3 pins in our sockets?

The two pins of your heathen plugs go into our sockets, one on the left and one on the right. The little finger of you left/right hand depending on which finger you use to type with goes into the third hole (at the top).

Pros: you get a free perm and your pb will charge a lot faster.

Cons : unless you stand in a bucket of water (left foot always) and wear a tin hat, the results may shock you!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:29 AM

Thanks for a y help
    It's universal . You just need an adapter to plug into the outlet.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 10:49 AM
    Just what the actress said to the Bishop?

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    07-12-13 10:55 AM
    Your being silly again. You know this is a third world country so we use 3 pins in our sockets?

The two pins of your heathen plugs go into our sockets, one on the left and one on the right. The little finger of you left/right hand depending on which finger you use to type with goes into the third hole (at the top).

Pros: you get a free perm and your pb will charge a lot faster.

Cons : unless you stand in a bucket of water (left foot always) and wear a tin hat, the results may shock you!!!!!!!

WRONG! Oh sad, sad, very sad old man, our plugs are shaped differently and are verticall where yours are horizontal. You need to get out more. I'm hunting you down, when I get over there!!

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 01:06 PM
    OK, you and 'you know who' just gave me opposite advice,so I'm no fart ahead! He says I can plug it in directly using the UK 3-prong attachment a d you're saying I still need an adaptor with it ??
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 01:09 PM
    Won't do you any good because I'm coming over there in four days! We could always swap connectors in mid air?

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    07-12-13 01:22 PM
    Won't do you any good because I'm coming over there in four days! We could always swap connectors in mid air?

Posted via CB10
    Don't do it! Since you can't tell the difference between a Canadian and an American, you don't know where you're going and if you call a American a Canadian or vice versa it will be instant death.
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    07-12-13 02:53 PM
    You just need an adapter that changes the shape of the plugs/prongs.

I used my pb in Germany and Italy this past January as well as my 9930 and my camera charger (think there was something else, too!). I used the travel rapid charger for the pb, I used the pb's standard charger on the 9930 (it works as a rapid for the phones).

I actually used:

Outlets To Go™ Power Strip with USB - 3 Outlets

And used a plug/prong adapter on it so that I could plug in a few different chargers on one socket. Some hotels have limited sockets. Worked splendidly.
    Attached Thumbnails Question about using the BlackBerry Premium International Charger for PB in England-mpotg300usbefs_glam.jpg  
    castoridae likes this.
    07-12-13 03:00 PM
    Don't do it! Since you can't tell the difference between a Canadian and an American, you don't know where you're going and if you call a American a Canadian or vice versa it will be instant death.
    Not too many Canadians in south Florida in the heat of summmer. Winter there are many in Florida. Down here in the southeast �tats Unis we like Canadians. Maybe the feeling isn't returned.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 03:12 PM
    Not too many Canadians in south Florida in the heat of summmer. Winter there are many in Florida. Down here in the southeast �tats Unis we like Canadians. Maybe the feeling isn't returned.
    Of course it is - you just can't always tell the Canadians ' cause we act the same, dress the same, shop the same...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 03:45 PM
    [QUOTE=F2;8811881]You just need an adapter that changes the shape of the plugs/prongs.

I used my pb in Germany and Italy this past January as well as my 9930 and my camera charger (think there was something else, too!). I used the travel rapid charger for the pb, I used the pb's standard charger on the 9930 (it works as a rapid for the phones).

I actually used:

So, F2, The Premium charger comes with 4 different snap on plugs for other countrkes. Is the 3-prong plug for the UK the adapter?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 03:51 PM
    I know I'm going to regret this but I know why I'm going that way, I think? MONEY!!!!!!! The nice man at the pentagon is paying me some money. So why are you coming this way? Is your medication not strong enough?
    FF22 likes this.
    07-12-13 04:18 PM
    OK, you and 'you know who' just gave me opposite advice,so I'm no fart ahead! He says I can plug it in directly using the UK 3-prong attachment a d you're saying I still need an adaptor with it ??
    the uk 3 prong attachment is also known as adaptor. As in adapting to whatever shape/prong of the outlet . There's no voltage conversion needed as your BB charger can convert between two voltage as it needs.

Posted via CB10
    castoridae and sad_old_man like this.
    07-12-13 05:13 PM
    [QUOTE=castoridae;8812129]
    You just need an adapter that changes the shape of the plugs/prongs.

I actually used:

So, F2, The Premium charger comes with 4 different snap on plugs for other countrkes. Is the 3-prong plug for the UK the adapter?
    I probably did not have that "premium" you are talking about. I used one of those cheapie little adapters that you plug your US/Canada prongs (how did we agree on that standard?) into and that goes into the wall.

Something like pictured below but for Italy (which is round prongs)
    Attached Thumbnails Question about using the BlackBerry Premium International Charger for PB in England-11rfvk4798l._aa160_.jpg  
    07-12-13 05:38 PM
    I know I'm going to regret this but I know why I'm going that way, I think? MONEY!!!!!!! The nice man at the pentagon is paying me some money. So why are you coming this way? Is your medication not strong enough?
    OH, good, you can use Money, a medium for exchange, to purchase a Q10 and maybe even have some change to buy an A10 later in the year. Get some adapters to convert American Brandy (Ripple) into something drinkable or build a still to concentrate its grapey essence.
    07-12-13 05:41 PM
    in GB they drive on the wrong side if the road, real lefties
    so you may have to turn over your PB plug, so just flip it

and watch out when you cross the street, look right first than left, otherwise you may dent a Bentley or RR
    plus the handles on the beer-mugs are on the left, so are the teacups, so don't spill liquid on your Mets T-shirt

difficult to comprehend for Yankees?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-12-13 06:32 PM

Yes, it would be!
    hreiner1 and sad_old_man like this.
    07-12-13 06:53 PM
    in GB they drive on the wrong side if the road, real lefties
    so you may have to turn over your PB plug, so just flip it

and watch out when you cross the street, look right first than left, otherwise you may dent a Bentley or RR
    plus the handles on the beer-mugs are on the left, so are the teacups, so don't spill liquid on your Mets T-shirt

No we drive on the correct side of the road. It's you lot that have got it wrong! By the way it won't matter which way you look when you cross the road here. Always carry a bible and a set of rosary beads so at least the priest can give you the last rights immediately after you get run over.

Crossing the road here is a bit like dodging the bullets from a chain gun!
    hreiner1 likes this.
    07-13-13 06:23 AM
    [QUOTE=sad_old_man;8815016]No we drive on the correct side of the road.

Always carry a bible and a set of rosary beads so at least the priest can give you the last rights immediately after you get run over.

SOD - you've got this right for a change!

Last time, I came very close to being wiped out by running across that busy main street, right in front of St.Paul's Cathedral!

I had sprinted across the Millenium Bridge and went dashing across the street to keep up w/my group.

-a quick safety look the NorthAmer way and into the street

- thank god the motorbike guy was quick, or I wouldn't be here to post today!

I guess someone from the Cathedral could have given me last rights.

Joking aside, its the # 1 cause of tourist fatalities across the globe
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-13-13 09:50 AM
    In similar vein, I once mistook a New Zealander for an Australian ... the Kiwi was really annoyed, and waspishly corrected me. I laughed at this hyper-sensitivity... and he got even more annoyed. LOL

I am routinely accused of being Australian whenever I'm in America, prolly because I don't speak like the Queen does, or in the lovely "cockney" tones of **** Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. I just roll with it, life's too short.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    07-13-13 09:54 AM
    F2, Here's a pic of mine. From what you said, I finally get it; the plug is the adaptor, so I just switch to the UK one and I'm good to go - no converter necessary!!

The Ontario pen is for Sad Old Man's benefit
    Attached Thumbnails Question about using the BlackBerry Premium International Charger for PB in England-air_20130713_00000.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-13-13 10:04 AM
    Oh, I have a box of stuff like that from one of my bb phones, I think. It may have been the 8830 WORLD edition - the WORLD might be the given away but I don't think I ever used it. Yes, most (but not all) recent charging modules are multi-country-voltage and only need a shape-shifter for the plug end of things.

In a similar vein, I got a goodie box from a European friend trying to coax me to visit Europe ( had not been there since 1968!) which included some plug adapters, a phone adapter (we still used Modems back then) and maybe even a German-English dictionary - he and his girlfriend were from Luxembourg but living in Germany. I did not make it back until 2004 (hiked the Haute Route) and we actually met in Paris. No computer or phone back in 2004. Now I travel overloaded!

Oh, enjoy your trip and LOOK BOTH (bouth!) WAYS!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-13-13 11:07 AM
    F2, Here's a pic of mine. From what you said, I finally get it; the plug is the adaptor, so I just switch to the UK one and I'm good to go - no converter necessary!!

The Ontario pen is for Sad Old Man's benefit
    Now here's a thought that just occurred to me ? I'm going there and your coming here so that we keep the world balanced! so why don't you stop at my place and apart from the cellar which you will require a rectal scan and fingerprint scan for.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 11:54 AM
45 12