I want to order a PlayBook rapid charger (the magnetic one), they are not available in my countries anymore. I know it is a 2-piece set, with a separate cable to plug it into the wall.
    Would it be possible to use any other cable (with the correct plug for my region), or does it need to have certain specs?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-26-13 02:05 PM
    I want to order a PlayBook rapid charger (the magnetic one), they are not available in my countries anymore. I know it is a 2-piece set, with a separate cable to plug it into the wall.
    Would it be possible to use any other cable (with the correct plug for my region), or does it need to have certain specs?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    You're risking the charger--and possibly your PlayBook--to try. It is likely okay (and in your position I'd probably give it a go myself), but you might want to check and see if a charger for your region is available online first.
    EchoesFX and Carl Estes like this.
    11-26-13 02:12 PM
    I found this:

Part Numbers: HDW-34727-001

MODEL#: PSM24M-120D

INPUT: 100-240 V, 0.6A, 50-60 Hz

OUTPUT: 12V, 2.0A,
    Compatible with the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet 16GB 32GB AND 64GB.

ORIGINAL Blackberry OEM Product Not after Market!

You may have to get the right AC adapter, but it looks ok for 220 volt use also.

You won't regrtet this purchase, get 2 of them, one for home, and for work. The magnetic "plug" is GREAT, it will attach itself in the dark when you get it close, and it will break away if you forget to "unplug" it and walk away.

c
    11-26-13 02:32 PM
    Thanks for that! As far as I understand the AC block is part or the charger-part, and the cable with the wall-plug is separate. Like a laptop charger. Is this correct?
    Because if it is, I think the wall-plug cable could be any cable with the right connector...

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-26-13 02:41 PM
    Would it be easier to get a travel adapter for your region rather than trying to modify the cord?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-26-13 02:45 PM
    Thanks for that! As far as I understand the AC block is part or the charger-part, and the cable with the wall-plug is separate. Like a laptop charger. Is this correct?
    Because if it is, I think the wall-plug cable could be any cable with the right connector...

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    That is correct, internal voltage switching on the "brick part", that connects to the PB. All you need is the correct AC cord for your region, or and adapter.

c
    11-26-13 02:47 PM

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Yes, that is the construction. I have bought the AC cord separately with the info off the cord:
    LineTek LS-15 7A 125V 3 Prong Power Cable 6FT 2 EA

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...2F140947946302
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 11-26-13 at 03:05 PM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-26-13 02:54 PM
    standard cloverleaf cable, the adapters themselves switch polarity when necessary to allow for 2 pin wiring just like 99% of the power bricks out there
    11-26-13 03:19 PM
    Sounds great. PB accessories are almost all gone from local stores (even webbased), so online is my only option

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-26-13 03:25 PM
    Sounds great. PB accessories are almost all gone from local stores (even webbased), so online is my only option

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Amazon has them as low as 9 bucks. I went with the 12 dollar as it was eligible for free 2 day shipping w/ Amazon Prime.

c
    11-26-13 03:32 PM
    Final question: are the rapid charger and the 'travel' charger the same thing?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    11-27-13 04:31 PM
    The rapid charger is marketed as travel. The other option is the dock with the magnetic connector. I suppose the usb cohld be considered travel as well.
    11-27-13 06:37 PM
    Final question: are the rapid charger and the 'travel' charger the same thing?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    The name is Rapid Travel Charger ( referring to a device made for the Blackberry Playbook and this is the name on the box for the two I have bought) for the charger that plugs into the magnetic port and gets its power from a wall plug. The Blackberry site now calls it the Rapid Wall Charger. Any charger which provides 1.8 amps or more might be referred to as a rapid charger. Other chargers might also be referred to as travel chargers. The answer to your question is therefore maybe yes maybe no. Be sure you are getting the right one. Even if you can't get shipment from Amazon USA you can visit the site and get information can't you?

There is also a dock charger which plugs into the magnetic port and maybe other versions of the RTC that might fit your needs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-27-13 06:55 PM
    I used my magnetic rapid charger in Italy and Germany last January with just a plug-adapter to adjust the shape. The current/voltage is handled by the brick. If you can find the clover plug in your country, you can skip the adapter plug
    Attached Thumbnails Question about Playbook rapid charger-rapidpcharger3.jpg   Question about Playbook rapid charger-playbookchargers2.jpg   Question about Playbook rapid charger-dockandrapidpcharger1.jpg  
    11-28-13 01:35 PM
    can they be used with z10?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 10:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook rapid charger is a three pin magnetic charger and will not work on the Z10. For fast charging blackBerry offers the premium charger for the Z10 for $39.95. There are also after market charging docks for the Z10.
    11-29-13 11:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook chargers that use the the USB port will work with the Z10. They are also sold as the Premium phone charger and the Premium travel phone charger.
    dphjeff likes this.
    11-29-13 12:59 PM
    The PlayBook chargers that use the the USB port will work with the Z10. They are also sold as the Premium phone charger and the Premium travel phone charger.
    Yes t.hanks for the clarification. I was talking about the rapid charger.
    11-29-13 01:13 PM
    thanks. currently using the bundled playbook charger for my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 04:05 PM