- CrackBerry Master
- 1,289 Posts
Question about how to tell if playbook is hard booting or just shutting off
I've read here several times about a hard boot for the playbook. If the shutter clicks and you keep holding all 3 buttons down, is it just turning off or have you done a hard boot? If you're successful, does it start up on its own or do you have to turn it on? I'm having trouble because when I try off button, vol up, vol down, the shutter keeps going off (yes, I'm trying very hard to press them all at the same time). I tried it backwards (vol down, vol up, off button) and it shut down, but did not restart.
- 12-12-2012, 09:40 AM #2
Apparently, you only need to press down the Power and either VolumeUp or VolumeDown buttons simultaneously to shut the tablet down. Then to restart it simply press the Power button.
- CrackBerry Genius
12-12-2012, 10:51 AM #3
- 3,508 Posts
I reboot as I understand it is when the PB shuts down and restarts on its own. I hold the power button and volume + until I see nothing on the screen. It will then restart after a few seconds. The volume - is not needed as far as I can tell. Holding the power button until you see nothing on the screen may give the same results. The only difference is you will have to manually restart.
- 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM #4There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
- 12-16-2012, 03:08 AM #6There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
- By DEhrlich01 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 8Last Post: 09-08-2013, 03:01 PM
- By wysiwyg6000 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 10-29-2010, 09:51 PM
- By okbeast in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 02-10-2010, 06:47 PM
- By okbeast in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-10-2010, 06:47 PM
- By ghostshell in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM