RIM’s ‘iPad-Killing’ PlayBook Suffers Fresh Slate of Battery Woes | Cult of Mac

I don't care about the propaganda piece per se....but in the photo with the battery meter, it has the time remaining. Is that photoshop, or does anyone's PB really display that info?
    05-20-11 01:15 PM
    RIM�s �iPad-Killing� PlayBook Suffers Fresh Slate of Battery Woes | Cult of Mac

I don't care about the propaganda piece per se....but in the photo with the battery meter, it has the time remaining. Is that photoshop, or does anyone's PB really display that info?
    Umm no... no time .. no such thing...w t f is this?
    05-20-11 01:17 PM
    Mine doesn't look like that. It's either a PS job or a different OS than the current release (likely older).
    05-20-11 01:17 PM
    I just checked and mine does not show the time remaining. It's either

A) older firmware
    b) photoshop
    c) setting I'm missing
    05-20-11 01:20 PM
    If you are so inclined, you should go and call the author out.
    05-20-11 01:20 PM
    I just checked and mine does not show the time remaining. It's either

A) older firmware
    b) photoshop
    c) setting I'm missing
    no settings for that, trust me.
    05-20-11 01:22 PM
    That article is so misleading, and a complete lie. There is not such a thing as the remaining battery time displayed on any of PB's I have seen incl my own. Please come and test my PB with 12-14 hours of lasting battery with with moderate use...BS, plain BS.
    05-20-11 01:22 PM
    My PB is running 2nd day now, 50% left...
    05-20-11 01:27 PM
    If you are so inclined, you should go and call the author out.
    Did it. Code name: mike
    05-20-11 01:29 PM
    I'm trying to comment on the article, but can't. Can't see the comments and can't add my own via Firefox 4. Odd.
    05-20-11 01:31 PM
    LOL! My comment disappeared. He must have deleted it. What fun is that?!?!

Edit: Nvm - its there.
    05-20-11 01:32 PM
    I emailed him. Here are the results:

Thanks for the laugh, chuckles. It's just a ******* picture.
    On Friday, May 20, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Bryce R wrote:

Why did you create an article about the PlayBook that clearly shows a Photoshopped picture of its battery? I'm talking about this article: RIM’s ‘iPad-Killing’ PlayBook Suffers Fresh Slate of Battery Woes | Cult of Mac What do you get out of this? Is Apple paying you to diss the PlayBook or are you just that pathetic? Anyone with a PlayBook can tell you the battery life remaining doesn't show up in the battery menu. You obviously Photoshopped it. You have just lost all credibility. Great job!

-Bryce
    Last edited by bryanhayn; 05-20-11 at 01:37 PM. Reason: hi mom
    05-20-11 01:36 PM
    That article is so misleading, and a complete lie. There is not such a thing as the remaining battery time displayed on any of PB's I have seen incl my own. Please come and test my PB with 12-14 hours of lasting battery with with moderate use...BS, plain BS.
    I agree article is crap. However the battery meter is correct, just touch the battery icon and you will get a drop down with
    indicator showing % left.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-11 01:39 PM
    Emailed him directly.

[email protected]

What a But*-Munch!

Tim
    05-20-11 01:40 PM
    I agree article is crap. However the battery meter is correct, just touch the battery icon and you will get a drop down with

Percent left not time left.

Tim
    05-20-11 01:41 PM

Not the %, the time remaining...
    05-20-11 01:42 PM
    I've seen a lot of people complaining about the "bogus" and "excessive" negative press that is out there.

To be honest I thought people here were just being PB fanboys.

I never thought it would get this bad.

Oh well....
    05-20-11 01:42 PM
    Really? Damn, that sucks, now I look like an ***. Oh well
    05-20-11 01:43 PM
    Why did you create an article about the PlayBook that clearly shows a Photoshopped picture of its battery? I'm talking about this article: RIM’s ‘iPad-Killing’ PlayBook Suffers Fresh Slate of Battery Woes | Cult of Mac What do you get out of this? Is Apple paying you to diss the PlayBook or are you just that pathetic? Anyone with a PlayBook can tell you the battery life remaining doesn't show up in the battery menu. You obviously Photoshopped it. You have just lost all credibility. Great job!
    Er... you have no proof that the author of that article Photoshopped that image, but you accuse him of it anyway, you used the word "diss," and the overall tone of your message was childish. I wouldn't go throwing those "you lost all credibility" stones in your glass house just yet. It would have been better if you had written your message like a rational adult.

I agree that the article is bogus, full of misinformation, and is using a photo that isn't accurate, but there are better ways to get your point across.
    05-20-11 01:43 PM
    Right now my battery life is at 45%, i haven't charged it since 8AM yesterday. It dies quickly if my watches flash content on it, but this is clearly flash issue, may be 10.3 will resolve the issue.
    05-20-11 01:45 PM
    From RIM's own web site:

"After upgrading the BlackBerry PlayBook Software to 1.0.3 then restarting the BlackBerry PlayBook, the battery drains faster than normal or the battery level fluctuates irregularly.
    Cause 1
    In BlackBerry PlayBook Software 1.0.3, changes have been made to battery parameters.
    Cause 2
    The Video Chat application's User Agreement has not been accepted."
    Resolution 1
    The BlackBerry PlayBook battery can be retrained by fully discharging and fully recharging the battery a few times.
    Resolution 2
    On the BlackBerry PlayBook, launch the Video Chat application and accept the User Agreement.
    05-20-11 01:46 PM

lol this hah
    05-20-11 01:47 PM
    try again, he was talking about %
    05-20-11 01:50 PM
    bryan watch that potty mouth!!!!!!! Remember CrackBerry is a family friendly forum.
    05-20-11 01:51 PM
    uhh thats not even the battery icon
    05-20-11 01:52 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD