Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By taz323
  • 1 Post By Chaddface
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question about downloading and cleaning up native email

I have noticed that in the playbook native email it automatically opens every email you go to. This means that when you're trying to clean up msgs by deleting them, they automatically open before you delete them. I find this problematic because it opens the odd spam that gets through, slows down the cleaning up process and must add to the downloading. I only have 2 gigs on my wifi, so I try to watch that. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where info on native email - most books on the playbook came out before it had email, so I'm having trouble finding anything written on it that would help with this. Thx for any help.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    11,864 Global Posts

Swipe down from top, select double boxes, check boxes next to emails then delete
    Thanked by 2:
    castoridae (12-12-2012),  Lendo (12-17-2012) 
    castoridae likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    Swipe down from top, select double boxes, check boxes next to emails then delete
    OMG! So easy! Thank you so much
    CrackBerry Genius

To delete email in bulk:
    After you are in select mode, press and hold the top mail then tap the bottom mail. Scroll and repeat.
    Thanked by:
    castoridae (12-12-2012) 
    castoridae likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    To delete email in bulk:
    After you are in select mode, press and hold the top mail then tap the bottom mail. Scroll and repeat.
    It's pure genius - thx so much.
    CrackBerry Abuser

tad323 and Chaddface: I have tried both methods and I can only delete one email at a time. It's very frustrating and time consuming. I posted this comment quite some time ago but it seems my solution is not forthcoming. Is there an App program which can handle my email so I can more effectively edit them? I'll gladly pay for one. Does Files and Folders v6 do this?

Castoridae, I delete the email before it can open completely (while it is still in the progress of opening)
    CrackBerry Genius

You're in select mode correct? From memory since I'm not using the native email anymore. Swipe down from the top and tap the select icon. You should see check boxes next to all your emails. Select the emails you want to delete and tap the trash can or use my method posted above for bulk delete.
    This only works with native email, not bridge.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

You're in select mode correct? From memory since I'm not using the native email anymore. Swipe down from the top and tap the select icon. You should see check boxes next to all your emails. Select the emails you want to delete and tap the trash can or use my method posted above for bulk delete.
    Yes, this totally works. When mail program is open, you must swipe down in the centre of your screen, from the bezel to get the editing option of the double rectangle called 'select' in the upper right hand corner. When you click that, an option box appears beside each email in your list and you can check one or several and then hit the garage icon to delete.
    CrackBerry Abuser

_______

But this is exactly what I do, and it deletes only one email at a time. I wonder if there is something wrong with my PB.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by 312Lorden View Post
    _______

But this is exactly what I do, and it deletes only one email at a time. I wonder if there is something wrong with my PB.
    No, I don't think your PB is acting up. Are you seeing the check boxes? Its just hard to explain. See my response above. Also, I just deleted 2 emails and noticed that there is a delay, so it looks like only one has been deleted, then it refreshed and deleted the 2nd one.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes I see the checked boxes. I tried deleting 5 or 6 emails but only one deleted, even after I waited more than 30 seconds to se eif others would be deleted. Then I tried deleting only two at a time, same problem: only 1 deleted. Should I try a reset?

Chaddface, what program are you using to edit/delete emails?
    CrackBerry Abuser

While I cannot fix your particular issue, there is a solution to your complete headache: use an alternate email client. RIM's Messages while okay for some, is woefully inadequate and inept for me. I have never looked back. The only thing missing now is the LED notification when the screen is off, however, the glow works as it should, and I have a very capable current generation client with all the bells and whistles, and updates before I detect the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by jackpots View Post
    While I cannot fix your particular issue, there is a solution to your complete headache: use an alternate email client. RIM's Messages while okay for some, is woefully inadequate and inept for me. I have never looked back. The only thing missing now is the LED notification when the screen is off, however, the glow works as it should, and I have a very capable current generation client with all the bells and whistles, and updates before I detect the bugs.
    It might help some people if you mentioned the "alternate email client" name or link. It does not have to be a complete endorsement - just a reference that it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    I learn something new everyday
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo78 View Post
    I learn something new everyday
    I know eh? me too !! And I have totally fallen in love with the cute little BT BB keyboard -- however,back to our friend in need: so were you able to check and delete more than one at a time?
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    It might help some people if you mentioned the "alternate email client" name or link. It does not have to be a complete endorsement - just a reference that it works for you.
    please tell us the alternate you are trying??
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by 312Lorden View Post
    Yes I see the checked boxes. I tried deleting 5 or 6 emails but only one deleted, even after I waited more than 30 seconds to se eif others would be deleted. Then I tried deleting only two at a time, same problem: only 1 deleted. Should I try a reset?

Chaddface, what program are you using to edit/delete emails?
    Hi Lorden, I just tried it again and this is what happens: when I selected 3 emails, a notice came up telling me 3 emails were selected. Then I hit the garbage can icon and a msg came up assking if I want to deletee 3 emails and I had to click yes. Then the screen renewed with them gone. So are you getting those promps? If not, then yes, try a reset, but make sure all your settings are correct first.