Hi,

I will be getting a BB PlayBook in like a month or so and my question is if I can use the Blackberry Bridge data for FB app, Blaq, Weather, etc. or is it just limited to the Bridge Browser? And is possible to use the Bridge data for Android apps such as Ebay, official Twitter app, etc.? I went through a couple forums and everyone is saying something different.
    BTW I have a 9810 and unlimited BIS.

Thank you for your responses
    11-11-12 02:55 PM
    Yeah, the bridge works great for all of the. You're gonna love it!
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-11-12 03:15 PM
    I don't know I imagined it but since I upgraded to 746 I think I got faster connection using the bridge.
    11-11-12 03:20 PM
    Hi,

I will be getting a BB PlayBook in like a month or so and my question is if I can use the Blackberry Bridge data for FB app, Blaq, Weather, etc. or is it just limited to the Bridge Browser? And is possible to use the Bridge data for Android apps such as Ebay, official Twitter app, etc.? I went through a couple forums and everyone is saying something different.
    BTW I have a 9810 and unlimited BIS.

Thank you for your responses
    You can use the bridge connection to connect to most if not all apps. I can confirm that you can connect to your facebook account, weather and presumably Blaq (I don't have this app).

You CAN'T use the video chat, appworld, and BBC iPlayer to watch a video while on bridge. Apart of those three I have never had a problem connecting to any other app using the bridge connection.
    I have also used bridge with the sideloaded android Kindle app and it works absolutely fine so I assume that other android apps work too.
    jafobabe and patrikfeng like this.
    11-11-12 08:53 PM
    Then again, the 9810 can create a WiFi hotspot and that should do the trick.
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-11-12 09:43 PM
    At one point, I tried to use ftp and couldn't get it to work through bridge, but most web apps will work.
    11-12-12 02:26 AM
    Then again, the 9810 can create a WiFi hotspot and that should do the trick.
    Yeah but the wifi hotspot doesn't use BIS.
    11-12-12 02:28 AM
    By "WiFi Hotspot" he means the 9810's internal Mobile Hotspot feature, which does indeed work under BIS---assuming OP's carrier supports it, and does not charge an arm and a leg for it (like they do here in the USA).
    Last edited by dugggggg; 11-12-12 at 06:26 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-12-12 06:13 AM
    in my country is very poor support by carriers for Blackberry. We don't have any Carrier OS available and I can't get the mobile hotspot working, I tried all of the 7 and 7.1 systems. The only way to get it working is to pay extra $30 for a lousy 600mb allowance.

As I read through this topic I think the Bridge connection will do.

thank you guys for your responses.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-12-12 06:43 AM
    By "WiFi Hotspot" he means the 9810's internal Mobile Hotspot feature, which does indeed work under BIS---assuming OP's carrier supports it, and does not charge an arm and a leg for it (like they do here in the USA).
    You people still have it okay. Mobile hotspot in South Africa costs 1 dollar for 5MB or 20 American dollars for 100MB. That is an arm and a leg my friend.
    11-12-12 07:28 AM
    And an eye.

So glad VIVO doesn't understand charge for tethering on a full fledged BIS plan...
    11-13-12 08:42 PM
    My app world won't work on pb via bridge when I'm tethered, does it only work when connected via wifi.
    I'm with Ishaq786 in South Africa when get punished severely with data costs!!!
    But all in all loving pb looking to pick up another one from states so much cheaper there!
    11-16-12 02:23 PM
    My app world won't work on pb via bridge when I'm tethered, does it only work when connected via wifi.
    I'm with Ishaq786 in South Africa when get punished severely with data costs!!!
    But all in all loving pb looking to pick up another one from states so much cheaper there!
    Appworld does not use BRIDGE. It is limited to wifi.
    11-16-12 02:58 PM