I have read some of the other threads concerning public WiFi issues but have not seen this exact problem.
    When I am at the public library and try to connect to the WiFi I get the usual power pop up window asking me to accept the terms, once I check the box to accept the term and hit the connect the button the same pop window appears 5 or more times before connecting. Once I do connect I see I have a strong connection and the Library home page shows on the browser. Now normally I swipe down in the browser so I can select one of my bookmarked sites but I do not get that now. Not even the buttons to open a new Window. In order to browse the Internet I need to swipe up from the bottom bezel so I can tap on the browser inconvenience on the playbook screen and open another browser window that way. That window gives me all the usual options if I swipe down to see bookmarks.
    So I am trying to figure out why I get asked repeatedly to accept the terms and why the browser window that opens does not appear complete.
    Just so you know this happens at all WiFi hotspots not just the library.

Anybody else have this experience? This had started happening ever since I upgraded to 2.0
    03-22-12 06:57 AM
    The hotspot login feature opens a dedicated browser window, which is not the regular browser. As for it asking multiple times, there just may be a bug in the library's login page. I have not seen similar problems on hotspots.
    03-22-12 07:23 AM
    Been reading there is bug in signing into public hotspots and most say they have to turn bluetooth off to connect. The sign in browser I can't remember if that was the same on the older OS or not but think it might have been.
    03-22-12 07:31 AM
    I have seen the same thing sitting in an office next to Starbucks. It asks me several times before it ignores me and let's me do what I want to do.
    03-22-12 08:25 AM
    Before os 2.0 i could log in into my university wif (eduroam) but not anymore . I hate to see people login easily with their ipads, anyone else has the same problem??
    03-22-12 12:11 PM
    I turned off the blue tooth but get the same issue with multiple requests ask me to accept the terms. I remove the public hotspots from my list of WiFi favorites and front will test them once I visit and relog into them.
    Maybe it is time for a back up of the playbook on the pc and a hard reset.
    03-22-12 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD