Anyone here have issues accessing the internet on a public wifi hotspot?

I'm currently in a hotel with free wifi, but in order to get access you have to agree to a TOS. I can get access on my BB phone and iphone, but it doesn't work on the PB. I hit the button to agree and it keeps loading the same TOS page. Maybe its just this Hotel's wifi setup. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing the same issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 07:48 PM
    turn popup blocker off maybe?
    04-20-11 07:49 PM
    I had an issue with works wireles hotspot.

After I agree, I closed the broswer and re-opened itand works fine.
    04-20-11 07:52 PM
    I had an issue with works wireles hotspot.

After I agree, I closed the broswer and re-opened itand works fine.
    make sure u are not using it to register/setup! if u are it'll get stuck when it restarts because it wont let u get back to the main page to log in and thus cant register! i had to exchagne my pb cus i tried to set it up at star bucks!
    04-20-11 07:53 PM
    Anyone here have issues accessing the internet on a public wifi hotspot?

I'm currently in a hotel with free wifi, but in order to get access you have to agree to a TOS. I can get access on my BB phone and iphone, but it doesn't work on the PB. I hit the button to agree and it keeps loading the same TOS page. Maybe its just this Hotel's wifi setup. Just wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing the same issue.

Are you sure it's not the TOS for the hotel WiFi? Some make you agree to the charges, if it's not complementary.
    04-20-11 07:56 PM
    I turned off the pop up blocker, cleared all the browser data. And still no go.

Closed and re open the browser several times. I even deleted the saved wifi profile and added it several times a well. It's kind of annoying. Not being able to get onto wifi at my hotel.

For those who wants to know how I set it up in the first place, I went to best buy and accessed their free wifi and got my OS update.

04-20-11 08:00 PM
    We have this at work. During the initial set up it tries to connect to the public WiFI but fails. Once you get the error, you can click a button on the bottom left (HotSpot Login I think) and it brings up a little browser window to do whatever you need to do. You can then continue with the initial setup.
    04-20-11 08:00 PM
    We have this at work. During the initial set up it tries to connect to the public WiFI but fails. Once you get the error, you can click a button on the bottom left (HotSpot Login I think) and it brings up a little browser window to do whatever you need to do. You can then continue with the initial setup.
    I have my PB all set up. I just want to use the browser now, but it can't get pass the TOS page.

04-20-11 08:02 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. I'm at a car dealership with free wifi. My Playbook finds the network and connects. However, I can't figure out where I can enter the wifi network's access password. Anyone have any ideas? Going to be here a while.

04-21-11 09:52 AM
    No issue here.i can connect to starbucks,panera bread etc

04-21-11 10:29 AM
    bridge your blackberry to the playbook. maybe it'll pick up the wifi settings.
    04-21-11 10:33 AM
    bridge your blackberry to the playbook. maybe it'll pick up the wifi settings.
    Er...I'm using a Tour, which doesn't have wifi unfortunately.

Do places like Panera, Starbucks, etc. typically require a password login? The problem is this car dealership does. I know the password, but can't get the redirect login page to come up on the brower (unfortunately the woman at the service desk had no idea what the url is, either).
    04-21-11 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD