I live in Spain and would like to view UK TV on my Playbook. For that I need to use my paid-for proxy service. However I don't want to use that service all the time. I know I can add proxy settings in the WiFi settings but when I uncheck the proxy box all the settings are lost and it's a real pain to have to enter them and the user and password each and every time I want to use it. If only Playbook would remember those settings I'd be happy!

I also tried making two wifi profiles for my router but the PB will not allow duplicate SSID names and router will not allow multiple SSIDs. Stymied all round it seems.

Is there a way to achieve what I want? Alternatively is there an app which will allow me to switch my proxy on and off as required?
    03-13-12 03:42 AM
    You could switch the SSID on your router, but short of that (without the Playbook being able to remember multiple SSIDs of the same name, which is also a shortcoming on BB phones), there's not much you can do that you haven't mentioned (at least not that I know of).
    03-13-12 12:47 PM
    Thank you. As far as I can see there is no means of using multiplr ssid on my router.

It is crazy that the PB will not retain the proxy settings when the proxy box is unchecked, that would solve my problem.
    03-13-12 01:58 PM
    I am faced with a similar situation - I do not want to divulge my ip address on a few sites that I visit.
    My solution is rather crude - I added a second wifi router (flashed with dd-wrt running in repeater mode) and have 2 saved connections, unfortunately the pb doesn't stay connected to the one that I initially opted for - more often than not it switches over with no notification. To prevent this from happening I delete one of the saved connections when I'm done with it.

....... like I said crude. lol
    04-23-12 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD