So i was reading a bunch of forums on the screen protectors but people just say a name of a brand they use (which is cool and all) but that is it no review or why its good.. i did some research and stuff but i think i trust the CRACKBERRY COMMUNITY more than any other community or review.. SO I hear some protectors leave sticky residue some have an "orange peel" SO im sure yall can help me out..
    Im looking for a good Clear yet strong protector! I heard of ghost armor but they say it uses a applicator glue just like XO screen protectors and im just scared it will get into the speakers.. i was thinking to buy it and make them geeks at best buy apply it for me... if i had to buy one like that that is.. Also im looking for cut outs for the speakers, notification led, and camera but also covers the Bezel too!!!
    THANKS
    09-06-11 05:50 PM
    I just tried a ZAGG InvisibleShield and ended up returning it. Lots of rainbow lines, bubbles, and it was blurry. Nowhere near "invisible". Plus I don't really like spraying application liquid on the screen for installation. I followed the installation instructions exactly, but it still looked terrible. I wouldn't recommend it.
    09-06-11 06:01 PM
    I installed a Zagg Invisible Shield. The 'Orange Peel' effect is certainly there, but it's only visible at an angle. You have to really just let it sit for about 24 hours. For the first week, it's a little sticky, but after that it's fine. I feel better having it on. When it smudges (not nearly as much as an uncovered screen) I spray ot with screen cleaner, wipe it with a microfiber cloth, and it's as good as new. My only issue with the Zagg is the price.
    09-06-11 06:08 PM
    I use the Zagg InvisibleShield and I think it is great. Get someone to help you put it on and follow the DIRECTIONS and even search for videos on how to properly put it on. If you let it sit for AT LEAST 24 HOURS you will get the best out of it. It will look horrible at first as it might look dirty and infested with micro bubbles but trust me letting it sit will make some go away and then the other imperfections will work themselves out over time as the instructions say. AND YOU HAVE FREE REPLACEMENTS FOR LIFE!

Also check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-my-pb-646278/

All the best!
    09-06-11 06:20 PM
    I currently am using a Zagg protector. It uses a fluid to be applied using a fluid like substance. The good thing about it is it makes it easier to apply and to center it just right before you let it dry. It comes with a micro fiber towel that you use when installing to absorb all the extra fluid you push out. Some fluid did get into the speaker section when I applied, I waited over night for it to dry in the garage before I powered it on.

This was my first Zagg install, and it went pretty smooth and easily. You have to play with the protector a bit to get it all centered and aligned right, but with common sense its easy to to. Lots of people say it doesn't fit, but it just needs to be finessed a bit. Takes a bit more patience to slowly aligen the edges and push all the bubbles out.

Overall the Zagg has some orange peel to it, but its not noticeable unless you look at it from the side. The screen is still bright and very clear and looks awesome. So not a big deal, However you can remove some of the orange peal with some auto care products, namely Meguires Scratch X (used to remove headlight hazing and rear plastic convertable window hazing)

The screen is a bit sticky when it is clean of oils, but I find it easier to use when some oil has gotten on the screen. However this does annoy be a bit because the Playbook screen naked was soooo responsive and silky smooth, but with the Zagg i find clicky some smaller links on the web page might take one or two more tries.

However for me it was worth the sacrifice because now I can play games, swipe freely and carry it around with no fear that the screen will be scratched. The Zagg also offers life time replacements so if you encounter installation issues, or if something were to scratch the screen they will send you a new one.

Another plus is the Zagg is pretty much scratch resistant and "self heals" and also is more resistant to smuges from dirty hands than the screen naked and the Body Guardz screen protector I used before the Zagg.

The Body Guardz protector was like a sticker, used no fluid and you just applied it directly. For me it was much harder to apply this type of screen protector since there is much less room for error and small dusts are very obvious if you don't get it right. However it felt much like the PB screen naked, and no orange peal and looks great as well. However it was more prone to micro scratches and scratches in general.

I prefer the Zagg even though when clean it is a bit sticky, BUT the self healing scratch resistant protector is worth it for me and life time warranty doesn't hurt.
    ashsingh likes this.
    09-06-11 06:26 PM
    I tried a hip street and it was horrible, a piece of dust got trapped and couldn't be removed. I contacted hip street (coby) customer service and they said I should have made sure there was no dust in the room and I was out of luck. Fortunately, Staples took it back without a hitch.

I ordered a best skins ever, with which i have had success for me berries, it is awesome. It is easy to apply and very clear. check them out
    09-06-11 06:38 PM
    I purchased a matte finish one from a site on amazon (i've posted it link in some thread or other) that does not use glue. But I got a non-glue from Boxwave for my Kindle that is still fine and now they have one for the pb (they did not when I wanted one or I would have gotten it from them)
    09-06-11 06:55 PM
    Zagg Invisishield, have someone at Best Buy (or Zagg even has some stores and kiosks) put in on for you. The work is cheap and guaranteed, if it has bubbles after a few days bring it back and they will fix it. Most recognized, trusted and widely used brand available, largest selection of custom fit device specific screen protectors. I am speculating but based on what I've encountered.
    09-06-11 07:03 PM
    I tried a hip street and it was horrible, a piece of dust got trapped and couldn't be removed. I contacted hip street (coby) customer service and they said I should have made sure there was no dust in the room and I was out of luck. Fortunately, Staples took it back without a hitch.

I ordered a best skins ever, with which i have had success for me berries, it is awesome. It is easy to apply and very clear. check them out
    You have a pic of your playbook ? and how did it come out?
    09-06-11 07:31 PM
    I purchased a matte finish one from a site on amazon (i've posted it link in some thread or other) that does not use glue. But I got a non-glue from Boxwave for my Kindle that is still fine and now they have one for the pb (they did not when I wanted one or I would have gotten it from them)
    You got the link? and a photo of what it looks like on your kindle?
    09-06-11 07:34 PM
    So far most of what i see is Zagg's InvisiShield.. Yall have any pics of what they look like as well.. if you do please put em up.. its just the fact that i don't wanna purchase something so expensive and have it out of commission for so long cus i gotta wait 24hr and replace it over and over again you know!
    09-06-11 07:39 PM
    I'm currently using this screen : 10x Clear LCD Screen Protector For Blackberry Playbook | eBay

It is harder to install since its dry application, so you can't move it and every dust will make disgracious bubble, but if you can install it properly you won't see it.

10screen for 10$, you can miss a few times :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 07:55 PM
    I can take a picture, but you won't see much. it is very clear. it goes on with a baby soap and water mixture, very simple to get it right.
    09-06-11 07:58 PM
    I am using Ghost Armor for the screen-only and it's fantastic. Fairly easy to apply (it's the same method as Zagg with water solution) and there is no orange peel effect, it's not sticky, and there are nowhere near as many fingerprints as when the PB was naked.
    I've used Zagg on my phone before and it's got a stickier hand to it, which I did not want on a touch-screen device.
    09-06-11 07:59 PM
    I am using Ghost Armor for the screen-only and it's fantastic. Fairly easy to apply (it's the same method as Zagg with water solution) and there is no orange peel effect, it's not sticky, and there are nowhere near as many fingerprints as when the PB was naked.
    I've used Zagg on my phone before and it's got a stickier hand to it, which I did not want on a touch-screen device.
    Is it only available online? and will Best Buy apply it if isnt ?
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    09-06-11 08:13 PM
    Is it only available online? and will Best Buy apply it if isnt ?
    i ordered online and installed myself but they do have mall kiosks in some parts of the country. i do not think Best Buy will install it but I am not sure. The GhostArmor locations are on their web site.
    oscarantonio718 likes this.
    09-06-11 08:16 PM
    Best Skins Ever Homie...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 09:37 PM
    zagg.com for their invisible shield. response time of the screen stays great, and it's only visible from an sharp angle. love it
    09-06-11 09:39 PM
    3M makes the best playbook protector. Zagg is a good company but I had their shield but I felt it ruined the look of the screen. The 3M protector is hard to find, not cheap but is perfectly clear and is expertly made. Just search it on google. Many sources to purchase from. Comes in natural and privacy versions.

BlackBerry� Playbook
    09-06-11 10:24 PM
    I use zagg for my pb and my 9900 works great and you dont have to put your pb out of commission for 24h I put mine on and started using it right away. It might look bad because of micro bubbles in the beginning but within 24-48 it all clears up and looks great.
    09-06-11 10:29 PM
    I'm contemplating purchaasing another Playbook. I was at Best Buy tonight and saw that along with all of the other accessories, the Zagg Invisible Shield for the Playbook has also come down in price. It's now $9.99. So I bought one for my soon to be new Playbook. And, BTW, Best Buy will apply the shield for you for between $10.00 and $15.00. If you haven't done one before it's worth it. If you have then it's definitely worth it in terms of time and aggrevation saved.
    09-06-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD