View Poll Results: Is RIM's claim that the playbook is a professional grade tablet false advertising?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes- false advertising, the playbook is not professional grade

66 25.78%
  • no - RIM is correct, the playbook is professional grade

190 74.22%
    From Dictionary.com

pro�fes�sion�al   /prəˈfɛʃənl/ Show Spelled
    [pruh-fesh-uh-nl] Show IPA

�adjective
    1. following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain: a professional builder.
    2. of, pertaining to, or connected with a profession: professional studies.
    3. appropriate to a profession: professional objectivity.
    EXPAND
    4. engaged in one of the learned professions: A lawyer is a professional person.
    5. following as a business an occupation ordinarily engaged in as a pastime: a professional golfer.
    6. making a business or constant practice of something not properly to be regarded as a business: �A salesman,� he said, �is a professional optimist.�
    7. undertaken or engaged in as a means of livelihood or for gain: professional baseball.
    8. of or for a professional person or his or her place of business or work: a professional apartment; professional equipment. 9. done by a professional; expert: professional car repairs.

and if you look at #8, the Playbook meets that definition since I use the Playbook at my place of work.

But please keep us informed of your lawsuit, another pointless one at that. Since so many lawyers are unemployed now I am sure someone will take your case.
    so by your definition every tablet is professional grade that is used by a business person. pretty low threshold and debunks the claim as being first.
    05-09-11 06:48 PM
    so by your definition every tablet is professional grade that is used by a business person. pretty low threshold and debunks the claim as being first.
    Yeap, thats what they dont understand... they go to the dictionary to get the definition and get owned back, thinking the playbook is the only tablet that fits the definition of professional.

Lets go with the flow, i have a professional pen, a professional monitor, a professional clock, a professional desk, a professional chair, professional computer, professional mouse, professional notebook, professional marker, professional eraser................

My friend has a professional ipad, my other friend has a professional xoom, my cousin has a professional kindle, while i have a professional playbook. That would fit a bit more under the circumstance. Yet, RIM is the only one that uses the term for marketing, to make the product look superior, and yet people actually believe its "the first professional tablet"...
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-09-11 at 07:03 PM.
    05-09-11 06:57 PM
    That's the thing, RIM are now lying to customers... pretty standard practice you say? Well, we could make an example out of a company right? Stocks are at their lowest ever. Well, let's blow them to 0... let's set fire to RIM HQ

(To mods: This is meant to be a jokey comment. I am not seriously planning on setting fire to RIM HQ)
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 05-09-11 at 09:23 PM.
    05-09-11 09:18 PM
    That's the thing, RIM are now lying to customers... pretty standard practice you say? Well, we could make an example out of a company right? Stocks are at their lowest ever. Well, let's blow them to 0... let's set fire to RIM HQ
    Nah not lying, its just marketing, every company does it, except that people cant see through it and think thats the way it is. Then you see them bragging because they have a supposedly "professional tablet" in their hands, because thats what the advertisement said.
    05-09-11 09:22 PM
    What is funny to me is blackberries have been used by "professionals" for years now. However RIM has taken heat because other smartphones have more bells and whistles. The major complaints being weak browser and obsolete UI. The PB has a great browser and UI. The bridge tells me clearly the PB is aimed at "professional" blackberry users to enhance their experience. I think too many people get hung up comparing it to the Ipad. It is what it is and it does what it says plus RIM has been willing to address the negative feedback. Professional in my book.
    05-09-11 10:03 PM
105 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD