I am unable to use any app that requires Internet access incluging Magellan and the native browser when I do not have a WiFi signal, but the bridge is active. It seemed from reading the various threads and posts that this should be possible. The bridged apps work fine. I have a Bold with Verizon. I am not sure if missed a setting somewhere along the way. Thanks
    Last edited by 19020; 02-13-12 at 12:32 PM.
    02-13-12 12:14 PM
    I am unable to use any app that requires Internet access incluging Magellan and the native browner when I do not have a WiFi signal, but the bridge is active. It seemed from reading the various threads and posts that this should be possible. The bridged apps work fine. I have a Bold with Verizon. I am not sure if missed a setting somewhere along the way. Thanks
    Not all apps work while bridged. I do know the native browser works since I use it while bridged because I kept all my bookmarks there. I believe facebook also works through bridge
    pcotton likes this.
    02-13-12 12:16 PM
    I am unable to use any app that requires Internet access incluging Magellan and the native browner when I do not have a WiFi signal, but the bridge is active. It seemed from reading the various threads and posts that this should be possible. The bridged apps work fine. I have a Bold with Verizon. I am not sure if missed a setting somewhere along the way. Thanks
    Im having the same problem. All I can do is browse the internet via bridge brower and use bbm, messages etc.

We must be missing something
    02-13-12 12:18 PM
    I am unable to use any app that requires Internet access incluging Magellan and the native browser when I do not have a WiFi signal, but the bridge is active. It seemed from reading the various threads and posts that this should be possible. The bridged apps work fine. I have a Bold with Verizon. I am not sure if missed a setting somewhere along the way. Thanks
    The Magellan compass map and Native browser both works via the bridge after the recent updates.

Make sure you have the latest version of bridge app installed in your phone. If not, delete the one you have, install the latest version, do a battery pull after installation, pair with your PB and you should be able to use your phone's data plan for using apps like Magellan and Native browser when not in proximity of a wifi signal.
    02-13-12 12:55 PM
    I just tried magellan while bridged. Working fine here. Maybe try deleting your bridge app of your phone and install the one from rroy that works for at&t?
    02-13-12 12:59 PM
    Thanks, I did all that twice now and no change. Any other thoughts?
    02-13-12 01:08 PM
    Will rroy's work with Verizon?
    02-13-12 01:09 PM
    It should. Its just the standard, non-att bridge.

You do have a data plan with verizon? Have to ask, there are some people that have blackberry's with no data....
    02-13-12 01:48 PM
    I am assuming that I have a data plan as the bridged apps work fine (the Bold is from my job). No tethering plan.
    02-13-12 02:00 PM
    Could it be a BES issue?
    02-13-12 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD