I honestly want to love my PlayBook but the damn thing is just a heartache. It crashes on me randomly!!!! It is making me mad! I spent hard earned money to buy this thing. Sure, the browser, the multi-tasking etc etc is all good but what good is it if it just crashes!

When it crashes and I try to turn it on, it actually takes a few tries to make this thing come back to life! I press on the STUPID, RIDICULOUSLY designed power button with all my might (fingers are hurting) and the red LED lights up and nothing! I try again, red LED, nothing! again...again....again....then just randomly it will decide that it wants to wake up on the 5th try. What the heck is wrong with this thing?? Someone help please.

I am on the latest 2.0 software.....2.0.0.6149. Please don't tell me, "Well...thats your problem. OS2.0 is beta and so it's bound to be finicky."

~Frustrated~
    joelephants1 likes this.
    01-03-12 11:18 PM
    I have the latest beta os2 installed, and it is actually quite stable. I use the browser, mainly, but also the video player, music player and Android Kindle. No crashes.

It must be the apps you are trying to run, or something that screwed up the installation. I would try going back to os1, getting things stable there; then reinstalling os2. Maybe someone else here has a better idea...
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-03-12 11:23 PM
    Well, mdeshmukh, that's your problem. Beta is bound to be finicky.
    01-03-12 11:25 PM
    red light and then be patient. Red light means it just woke up - it should eventually show you a blackberry splash screen but not right away. What happens exactly when you say it "crashes" ? Freezes? Goes black? What?

Check out the tips and tricks for newbies sticky - link below this post - if that can't help you God help you.

start with the three finger reset and take it from there. Definitely go back to the more stable OS.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-03-12 at 11:39 PM.
    01-03-12 11:35 PM
    there's a reason why it's called beta. go back to os1
    DeveionA likes this.
    01-03-12 11:35 PM
    Just downgrade to OS1.0.8 using the desktop manager and your problems will be solved. In another few weeks the official OS2.0 will be released and then you can enjoy the all stable new features.
    bbfan1040 and d3adcrab like this.
    01-03-12 11:36 PM
    Patience in this case would mean, never seeing the PB wake up because believe me, I've waited. The thing doe not turn on. It goes back to being completely powered off. Even the three finger reset does not wake it up. It has a mind of its own.

red light and then be patient. Red light means it just woke up - it should eventually show you a blackberry splash screen but not right away. What happens exactly when you say it "crashes" ? Freezes? Goes black? What?

Check out the tips and tricks for newbies sticky - link below this post - if that can't help you God help you.

start with the three finger reset and take it from there. Definitely go back to the more stable OS.
    01-03-12 11:41 PM
    wait.... your on beta software and complaining about instability?

im pretty sure thats all that needs to be said im on 1.0.8.6067 and i dont have that problem.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-03-12 11:47 PM
    The issue is that most of the people who are on the beta software do not complain of the symptoms I am experiencing. Hence, as I said earlier, "please don't tell me that I'm using the beta software" LOL
    01-03-12 11:50 PM
    The issue is that most of the people who are on the beta software do not complain of the symptoms I am experiencing. Hence, as I said earlier, "please don't tell me that I'm using the beta software" LOL

If most of the people who are using beta aren't complaining, then what about the rest of them ?
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-03-12 11:55 PM
    cause we understand it may be unstable and have no problem making a choice between the newer beta or an older, more stable, official OS.
    BERaddict likes this.
    01-04-12 12:02 AM
    Believe you me - "most" PB owners do not experience what you are going through - regardless of the OS they are on. Take the excellent advice posted above and, if nothing works, you've been unlucky - and have a dud PB/installation.
    01-04-12 12:04 AM
    The issue is: You could have a problematic pb but using the beta makes it harder to rule out whether it is the physical pb or maybe a badly gone install of the beta.

It can take LONG seconds and more seconds for the pb to show signs of life after the brief red led goes off. I have no idea if that takes even longer on the beta.

And the browser has been known to crash on both the normal os and on the beta.

But good luck figuring out the issues.
    01-04-12 12:06 AM
    Troll. OP is new, writes complaints about problems detailed numerous times here, and doesn't ask for help and when solutions are presented, will not accept them.
    Stop with the troll-calling. Some folks have less patience for the quirks of the pb and when feeling desperate throw out a quickie Subject that reflects their exasperation.
    Hgouck and Toodeurep like this.
    01-04-12 12:08 AM
    Sorry about the problems you are having. I have had exactly... Well, none of those problems since I bought my PB last spring. Of course, you are using the os2 beta so I assume your a developer. What? Your not a developer? Hmmmmm
    No sympathy here. OS2 beta is not meant for you.
    01-04-12 12:14 AM
    no problems at all with mine.
    01-04-12 12:36 AM
    Does it crash while you are testing your Android App? That's what it is designed for....
    01-04-12 12:36 AM
    Hmmm, my PB on OS1 has had zero issues with crashing. Lots to rave about and no heartache!!!
    Serkle K likes this.
    01-04-12 01:42 AM
    Now maybe I'll go the other way - running OS2 is fine but report problems with it in threads dedicated to its discussion and certainly report them to rim on their separate forum. I want bugs explored so that when they finally do (if) release it, the rest of us will not find these bugs then.

So run OS2 but make sure any threads in their subject id it as OS2 environment.
    Superfly_FR and Hgouck like this.
    01-04-12 09:55 AM
    ^^^ yes we just had a problem with that in the thread claiming there is no audio in 720p youtube app.. (for OS 2.0)
    What thread would that be... ? Maybe the short lived thread posted by a known troll who needs yet another new name

Why were people's comments removed regarding the legitimacy of this thread?
    I am still wondering why the OP has not answered questions that might help us to help him.
    If this is not legitimate it is wasting our time.

Personally I resent that,. my time is valuable and I donate a lot of it for the sake of helping newbies and playbook.
    Speculation on legitimacy of threads is important to help us decide if we wish to donate our time or not.
    It is highly unlikely the OP will return after the vicious and hostile reception I removed earlier today.

If members could restrain their urge to attack any new member who expresses an opinion they don't like, maybe the mods would have time to go after the trolls. Right now our time seems to be devoted entirely to curbing the provocative urges of the vigilante pack. Calling a 3-post new member "troll" is unacceptable and will be removed along with other off topic posts. If I see any further attacks we will be saying a permanent goodbye to the attacker without any hesitation.
    robsteve likes this.
    01-04-12 10:26 AM
    You run a beta build and then come here and moan and moan when you get issues?
    Beta is actually meant to help programmers. What you should be doing is getting touch with them and seeing what can be done about it. That is what a beta program is all about.
    01-04-12 10:57 AM
    I honestly want to love my PlayBook but the damn thing is just a heartache. It crashes on me randomly!!!! It is making me mad! I spent hard earned money to buy this thing. Sure, the browser, the multi-tasking etc etc is all good but what good is it if it just crashes!

When it crashes and I try to turn it on, it actually takes a few tries to make this thing come back to life! I press on the STUPID, RIDICULOUSLY designed power button with all my might (fingers are hurting) and the red LED lights up and nothing! I try again, red LED, nothing! again...again....again....then just randomly it will decide that it wants to wake up on the 5th try. What the heck is wrong with this thing?? Someone help please.

I am on the latest 2.0 software.....2.0.0.6149. Please don't tell me, "Well...thats your problem. OS2.0 is beta and so it's bound to be finicky."

~Frustrated~
    The one and only time I had this kind of problem was after letting the PB going 100% out of battery. Before going nuts, I'll plug it to the fast charger for at least one hour (yes hour, not minutes). Then the " 3 buttons reset" (hold the + first then simultaneously the - and power for about 10 secs) should do the trick.
    If not, your PB is somehow corrupted, and then, I'll try the factory reset/debrick method you can find resumed here (don't miss the warnings) : http://crackberry.com/factory-reset-...ricked-devices (thx to Joseph).

The behavior you describe is not common, whether we use 1.xx or 2.xx beta OS. Something went wrong; if factory reset does not solve this, then you probably have a defective device, ask for an exchange.

Hope it helps.
    itsall4tay likes this.
    01-04-12 11:21 AM
    No problem with mine.
    01-04-12 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD