Hi,

Picked up a playbook this week thanks to the reduced price.

What a top piece of kit, I should have done it ages ago!

I have an odd issue tho, sometimes, none of the icons on the top menu bar work, apart from the options 'gear'.

If I restart the PB, they work, then they stop. I can click on the battery, the clock, the email symbol, nothing!

I have the latest official OS.

Anyone got any ideas or had a simila issue?

TIA.
    01-07-12 02:10 AM
    Your other hand is touching the screen. Remove your other thumb from any part of the screen and it will work.

The PB does not support multitouch on the homescreen.
    blue-b and hpjrt like this.
    01-07-12 03:48 AM
    Agree with last poster make a note if your other hand is on the screen. I had that problem before.
    01-07-12 04:12 AM
    Thanks for the replys.

I'm sure I wasn't touching the screen anywhere else. Also the options gear was working, I thought that nothing would if I was touching elsewhere.

I'll keep an eye on it and make sure there's no contact anywhere else.

Thanks again.
    01-08-12 12:29 AM
    Another thing you can try is press the physical power button to standby, the pull it out of standby and see if that works.
    01-08-12 04:26 AM
    OK.

Here's my findings. I can now replicate this every time.

If I'm Bridged to my Torch, and there's a calendar appointment alarm, it pops up on the PB top left corner.

If I open the calendar via Bridge, then close the calendar, the top menu bar doesn't work at all, at least not until the PB has been restarted or it's gone to sleep and woken up again.

It all seems Bridge related, I'm also having the odd issue where an email alert appears in the top left corner and takes me to an opened email, over and over again. It wont accept it's been read.

Does this help? Has anyone seen anything similar?
    01-12-12 01:42 AM
    OK.

... It all seems Bridge related, I'm also having the odd issue where an email alert appears in the top left corner and takes me to an opened email, over and over again. It wont accept it's been read.

Does this help? Has anyone seen anything similar?
    I have seen the re-occurring email notification. I chalk it up to the OS being version 1 and a glitch in the matrix (or space/time continuum). It usually goes away (eventually).
    01-12-12 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD