2-3 days ago, I first tried installing various free QR Reader apps from Blackberry World on my two Playbooks. (This was after I had installed the latest update on the Playbooks.)

I've given the apps all the permissions which the developers request/require. I've also rebooted the Playbooks after installing each app. Yet, none of the apps read QR codes after the apps load. (I've tried these apps on 5-6 QR codes that my Windows Phone and a corresponding app have no problem reading.

Anyone else experiencing a similar problem and/or have pertinent suggestions?
    09-14-13 03:37 AM
    QR Scanner works ( app world )
    Attached Thumbnails Problems with QR Reader or QR Code Reader Apps?-uploadfromtaptalk1379148795574.jpg  
    09-14-13 03:53 AM
    Thanks.

I reinstalled QRScanner on one of my PBs and it still couldn't read a QR code that my Windows Phone could (namely, the one you posted in your message).
    Puzzling situation to me. Oh well.

Thanks again.
    09-14-13 04:50 AM
    Thanks.

I reinstalled QRScanner on one of my PBs and it still couldn't read a QR code that my Windows Phone could (namely, the one you posted in your message).
    That QR Code is too blurry for the PB to read. Try one of the codes here- https://www.google.com/search?q=QR+C...&bih=843&dpr=1
    09-14-13 11:43 AM
    It's the stupid EDOF camera that's the culprit because there's no autofocus. It can only focus on objects farther than a certain distance away - tiny QR codes don't focus properly because they're too small and too near to the lens.
    09-15-13 11:12 AM
    That QR Code is too blurry for the PB to read. Try one of the codes here- https://www.google.com/search?q=QR+C...&bih=843&dpr=1
    Thanks. QR Scanner loaded on one of my Playbooks was able to read some of those codes on my other Playbook's display.

However, none of QR Reading apps loaded on either of my Playbooks has been able to read one QR Code printed in glossy magazines or some other paper, whereas the QR Reader app on my low-end Windows 8 Phone (Lumia 521 from TMobile) has no such problems.

Unfortunately, my Playbooks don't seem to be very good tools for reading QR Codes in the wild.

Thanks again.
    09-16-13 11:25 AM