I received my Playbook as a birthday gift. I had wanted one so that it did not have to carry my laptop back and forth with me.

I connected my Playbook to my computer, the computer allowed the storage to be seen as Z: and I copied an Excel file from my documents to the documents folder on the playbook. So far, so good.

I went to open the document. It's a simple excel sheet, no formulas, just an attendance sheet I use for the classes I run. All the text was switched to a white font so I could not read anything unless I clicked on the cell. I attempted to change the font colour, and it worked. Brushed down from the top black border and then hit save.

When I opened the document again, none of the changes I'd made were there. The font was back to white, none of the extra names, etc I'd added were there, etc. When I hit save, I did not receive any message about the file being read-only, not accessible, etc.

Now I'm reading that any imported files, whether it be straight from the computer or email attachments using the Bridge, are automatically saved as read-only and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Is this the case? I'm about read to return my Playbook. I'm really frustrated and NOT happy.

TIA for any advice.
    07-18-12 06:49 PM
    Can't comment on bridge, but I regularly move files back and forth from computer to PB via USB or dropbbox (via files and folders over wifi) and they are ediable. Only time I've had issues with trying to edit is if it has functions that aren't supported (in which case the whole sheet is locked).
    07-18-12 10:08 PM
    yea I have my PB mapped to my computer & wirelessly transfer files back & forth all the time & edit them with no "read only" issues.

I also transfer them via bridge without issue either.....though I've not used excel when bridged...
    07-19-12 12:58 AM
    Try sending it to your playbook by email
    07-19-12 03:30 AM
    Hook up to your pc and use excel to open the file on the PB. Make sure your file has no weird formatting or unusual fonts. Make your changes and save the file.

Worth a try.
    07-19-12 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD