ive had my playbook for about 3 weeks now it was working fine then one day the sound went out....thought it was just went out so i tried rebooting it and it didnt work...i read the other posts in the forum about sticking in a pair of headphones that didnt work...sound in videos, apps, games, even the sounds when typing didnt work...so i wiped the playbook and rebooted and the sound came back...but then 2 days later the sound went out again....anyone have any ideas as to why its doing this? any suggestions would be great

oh i dont know if this is important info but while videos still play without sound, when i try to play music it says error loading file and if i try to load up a game like tetris itll load but then itll say please close other applications to play tetris even though i dont have anything else open....
    08-15-11 05:03 PM
    Do you hear sound if you do use headphones? You did a security wipe and it only temporarily fixed the issue?

Rim Support 1-877-644-8405
    08-15-11 07:09 PM
    It sounds as if your OS is corrupt. You will need to reinstall the OS. If you are using a windows PC back up your PlayBook.

Next unplug it from the computer.
    Turn it off and swipe to be certain its completely off.
    Open your Desktop Software.
    Plug your PlayBook back in to your PC.
    You should receive an error message.
    One of the options will be to upgrade.
    Click that and allow the OS to load.

That should correct your sound issue.

I hope this helps.
    08-15-11 07:21 PM
    So your PB when not working must sound just slightly worse than my iPad 2. Darn I miss those PB speakers. I hope you can figure out the issue without having to deal with an RMA.
    08-15-11 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD