There are basically 2 types of unboxing videos. The first is the promotional video and the second is the eager consumer wanting to share his/her reaction to to their first encounter with the device. The problem with the latter is that you probably don't read the instructions first. This is a process that probably should be QAd by a company since a good first experience is very important to the brand.

The following video demonstrates why RIM needs a card that explains in a really large font that you need a wifi connection when you first fire up a Playbook.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f230zEmw1kI[/YT]
    sputneek likes this.
    04-06-12 01:06 AM
    Oh my god that was the worst unboxing I've ever seen.
    04-06-12 01:27 AM
    best unboxing video every dude! hahaha {8^]

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 01:42 AM
    That was my favorite unboxing vid ever! I don't think I've ever actually lol'd at an unboxing video!

I'm sure he'll be here shortly...once he gets his neighbor's WiFi hooked up, so...
    Welcome TJMidDub!
    04-06-12 01:50 AM
    Wow....just wow...
    04-06-12 02:10 AM
    " and the colours changes, thats neat..."

winner!
    04-06-12 02:41 AM
    I'm wondering where he got the toothpick idea from, never have I seen a toothpick being used to open a box
    04-06-12 06:45 AM
    Hahahaaaa what a funny video!

"and now we choose a innernet, uummm (sucks teeth) yeah I don't have innernet where this is right now soooo, how do you skip it? (swipes across screen) I don't have a innernet right now soooo ummm yeah I, I don't, I don't know where is the... I guess you gotta select something, so I hit menu"

LOL!
    Last edited by bounce007; 04-06-12 at 08:12 AM.
    04-06-12 08:00 AM
    There are basically 2 types of unboxing videos. The first is the promotional video and the second is the eager consumer wanting to share his/her reaction to to their first encounter with the device. The problem with the latter is that you probably don't read the instructions first. This is a process that probably should be QAd by a company since a good first experience is very important to the brand.

The following video demonstrates why RIM needs a card that explains in a really large font that you need a wifi connection when you first fire up a Playbook.

It's says part 2 of the unboxing coming soon?
    This is the best unboxing ever. Can't wait for part 2.
    Someone should contact RIM asap and have Him do the unboxing of RIMs future products.
    bounce007 likes this.
    04-06-12 08:43 AM
    I have'nt laughed this hard in quite a while, thanks. Just got a hernia re-repaired, hope I don't have to go a third time Thanks again!
    04-06-12 09:12 AM
    My people.....
    04-06-12 09:30 AM
    OMG, that was great, can't wait until he gets some Wi-Fi goin' on and does Part 2 of the video.
    04-06-12 09:42 AM
    it always amazes what some people will put on the innernet(sucks teeth)
    04-06-12 10:40 AM
    Actually, just before he runs into the wifi glitch, the prior screen says something like "you need wifi..."

And this does point out the failure of rim to make this clear. He's not the first to run into this issue. I know rim wants folks to have the most recent OS (bug fixes) but the darn device should boot to some initial OS and allow operation.

Oh, and I have found a hair dryer excellent at releasing the tape security closures. So other than my finger prints and dna, I can return the device if necessary!!!!!
    Last edited by F2; 04-06-12 at 10:56 AM.
    04-06-12 10:54 AM
    lol

"You see that, guys? We got a bug on the window."
    04-06-12 10:54 AM
    Well it seems he has videos #2 & 3, as well as a camera review up now.
    04-06-12 04:18 PM
    No comments about the "charging ports" ?

One with the holes...or dots might be for the wall
    One is for a computer
    The other is for...some special computer....I never seen that port before.

I could comment on the shoddy phone quality - which is a shame because I don't think the phone even deserved to have its camera shown off that poorly!
    04-06-12 07:39 PM
    Currently watching part 2 and 3

Oh and guys, the guys over at RIM DID watch this video

They got so worried about "WiFi Piracy" that they'll disable WiFi functionality too

That's why they've cranked up production on the 4G model

/sarcasm
    04-06-12 07:50 PM
    That was painful to watch.
    04-06-12 07:58 PM
    He should enter the first one in the video contest!
    04-06-12 08:06 PM
    I was surprised that this young guy had that wallpaper and classic breakfront in his own abode, then he mentioned he was at his grandparents', hence the lack of a wifi network. This guy is techie enough to have other product reviews on YouTube, which is why it is strange that he doesn't know that as a general rule, when starting up a wifi tablet, it is necessary to have wifi.

Cool video, though.
    04-06-12 08:21 PM
    He should enter the first one in the video contest!
    I thought it was almost, kind of...psychedelic, man.

I love unboxing videos. Call me crazy.
    04-06-12 08:22 PM
    I thought it was almost, kind of...psychedelic, man.

I love unboxing videos. Call me crazy.
    Okay, your crazy, lol.

One of the first unboxing videos I watched a few years back was excellent and the guy really knew his stuff about the motherboard he was looking at for the first time. It was a brand model that had not been seen in the wild yet. The guy was a little funny in that he had obviously just woke up to get his package from the delivery guy, but it made me go online and order one immediately.
    04-06-12 10:05 PM
    I had a funny feeling that this would be appreciated here. It became fun for me as soon as he kept putting his phone/camera down instead of using the pause button. Tossing away the instructions (which clearly says that you need wifi) was a problem. As it went on and on, I wasn't sure if he was serious or not. I guess the good news is that he didn't have wifi. If he did then he would have videos the entire download and install. I'm off to check out the next part.
    04-06-12 10:22 PM
    I didn't know you could get to the settings by a swipe down on the main screen. Thanks TJMidDub.
    04-06-12 11:36 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD