Hi.. I recently buy a flexible keyboard that is compatible with all common devices. This one, (New Soft Flexible Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple iPad 2 3 iPhone 4 4s 4G Tablet PC | eBay) and it not pair with my Playbook. When I search it on my playbook, I select it and give me a code to pair, when I type it on the keyboard and hit enter, nothing happen. I tried it much time and sometimes it say is pairing, but finally say pairing fail. Any help for that please??
    And sorry for my english
    05-01-12 05:48 PM
    I tested with my ipod touch, with my htc inspire and it work perfectly and pair. But not on my playbook
    Last edited by bori_kwan; 05-01-12 at 06:34 PM.
    05-01-12 05:51 PM
    Does the keyboard have a switch or setting for HID or something else like SPP? You want to use HID. Also, make sure Bridge is off when you try to pair.
    05-01-12 09:35 PM
    Sorry you're having trouble, boir_kwan. I know that it can be frustrating when things don't pair as one would hope as I've experienced that with other devices too.

Did you make sure that you are running the latest firmware on the PlayBook? Is there anyway to update the firmware on this keyboard from the mfr. website?

Is your PlayBook Bluetooth turned on? If so, is if set to discoerable? Then you should see a button that reads, "Add New Device" in the lower right hand corner of the Bluetooth menu on your PlayBook. So, start the pairing from your PlayBook ---> then turn on the pairing option for your keyboard. Both devices must be in Pair mode.

I hope you get it sorted out. I'm not sure what else you could try.
    05-01-12 09:36 PM
    Sorry you're having trouble, boir_kwan. I know that it can be frustrating when things don't pair as one would hope as I've experienced that with other devices too.

Did you make sure that you are running the latest firmware on the PlayBook? Is there anyway to update the firmware on this keyboard from the mfr. website?

Is your PlayBook Bluetooth turned on? If so, is if set to discoerable? Then you should see a button that reads, "Add New Device" in the lower right hand corner of the Bluetooth menu on your PlayBook. So, start the pairing from your PlayBook ---> then turn on the pairing option for your keyboard. Both devices must be in Pair mode.

I hope you get it sorted out. I'm not sure what else you could try.
    I am running the last firmware already on my playbook, my bluetooth is obviously on, it is on discoverable, y press "add new device" option. and press de bottom on the keyboard to pair.. and it show the keyboard on my playbook but not pair. :/ I NEEDDD HELPPP!!
    05-02-12 01:34 PM
    ............................?
    05-03-12 01:02 PM
    ............................?
    It is just not compatible with the PlayBook. There were many threads in the past about cheaper bluetooth keyboards not working with the PlayBook. I suspect a lot of these third pary keyboards may be using the same bluetooth chipset, which does not work with the PlayBook. The PlayBook seems to work best with the brand name keyboards, such as the actual Apple keyboards, the HP touchpad keyboard, some other brand name keyboards, and of course the BlackBerry keyboard .
    05-03-12 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD