So I have begun to experience a weird phenomenon with my Playbook. When I power it down and plug it in to charge, everything seems fine. The screen is black and the unit charges. However, when I unplug it, the green light stays on and the screen flashes on with lines running up and down (holding the unit horizontally) I'm not sure if my unit is taking a crap on me. Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    07-01-12 02:42 PM
    So after you remove it from the charger it acts strangely? Then it goes back to normal? Mine will turn on the screen when I remove the charger - I think that is normal. I don't think the lines are normal.

You could try charging at a different wall socket and maybe find another circuit (different fuse or circuit breaker).

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    07-01-12 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD