Hello,

I have a Playbook and a screen LG Flatron. I would ike to this screen to become an external display for my Playbook. To do it, I buy a cable (micro-HDMI to HDMI) and a converter HDMI to DVI since the screen doesn't have a HDMI port. I connect it, and make sure the HDMI setting of my Playbook were OK. However it is not working with this computer screen. Note that I can sucessfully connect my tv screen on my Playbook. Does anybody would be able to help me connecting my Playbook to my computer screen.

Thank you
    01-20-13 11:24 AM
    Your test to the tv screen proves the PB output and cable are OK. Either (a) the HDMI to DVI adaptor is not doing the job, or (b) the LG Flatron is not configured / doesn't support the PB output resolution.
    01-20-13 12:55 PM
    Hello,
    I have a Playbook and a screen LG Flatron. I would ike to this screen to become an external display for my Playbook. To do it, I buy a cable (micro-HDMI to HDMI) and a converter HDMI to DVI since the screen doesn't have a HDMI port. I connect it, and make sure the HDMI setting of my Playbook were OK. However it is not working with this computer screen. Note that I can sucessfully connect my tv screen on my Playbook. Does anybody would be able to help me connecting my Playbook to my computer screen.
    Thank you
    I had an old Flatron that is DVI only, and it took me ages to:
    1. get the menu settings right on the Flatron
    2. realise that I needed a different type of HDMI-DVI converter & DVI-double-headed-plug (I think there are three types of these connectors, and of course, I had initially bought the cheapest and therefore the wrong one....)

One of my old staff got it all to work ok in the end (whilst slagging off the lack of cogent LG help pages on the web)

The old monitor has now been donated to a local charity, and I am now HDMI only (because it's less faff!)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 01-21-13 at 02:14 PM.
    01-20-13 03:24 PM
    Even if you get it connected to the monitor you will have video only, no audio.
    01-20-13 10:21 PM