My pb charger quit on me May 19th. I immediately called support. They told me that they would send me out a replacement asap and that I will receive it shortly and reminded me not to use anything but the original charger to charge my phone or I will nullify my warranty. Approx May 29th, I called support again and was informed that it was entered into the system on May 22nd and processed on May 25th but had no further updates. Told me that it will take 10-14 days before I receive it. I called again June 5th as it still didn't arrive. They told me that it takes 10-14 business days to process and that I can use my bold charger to charge my playbook. So what gives? Do I nullify my warranty or not? I pay for 3 different bolds in my family and I am thinking, what kind of warranty service is this? Shouldn't RIM make a courtesy gesture for all this delay? I really love my bb's and pb but not so much anymore after this lame treatment. I am thinking that I should start investigating other cell phone companies that will treat a customer like they care. Btw, I still wasn't given an update on when I will receive the new charger. I was just told that they will start monitoring the situation and when a tracking number is available, someone will try and call me but they said that I might receive it before someone has a chance to call me. Do the execs know that this is what goes on? No wonder so many people I know switched to apple products. I am really disappointed as I have had bb's since the 7510 and still have it in a box. Thanks for reading my rant! I feel just a little bit better now
    06-06-12 02:35 AM
    My pb charger quit on me May 19th. I immediately called support. They told me that they would send me out a replacement asap and that I will receive it shortly and reminded me not to use anything but the original charger to charge my phone or I will nullify my warranty. Approx May 29th, I called support again and was informed that it was entered into the system on May 22nd and processed on May 25th but had no further updates. Told me that it will take 10-14 days before I receive it. I called again June 5th as it still didn't arrive. They told me that it takes 10-14 business days to process and that I can use my bold charger to charge my playbook. So what gives? Do I nullify my warranty or not? I pay for 3 different bolds in my family and I am thinking, what kind of warranty service is this? Shouldn't RIM make a courtesy gesture for all this delay? I really love my bb's and pb but not so much anymore after this lame treatment. I am thinking that I should start investigating other cell phone companies that will treat a customer like they care. Btw, I still wasn't given an update on when I will receive the new charger. I was just told that they will start monitoring the situation and when a tracking number is available, someone will try and call me but they said that I might receive it before someone has a chance to call me. Do the execs know that this is what goes on? No wonder so many people I know switched to apple products. I am really disappointed as I have had bb's since the 7510 and still have it in a box. Thanks for reading my rant! I feel just a little bit better now
    Before you cry in your cereal, it might surprise you to learn the support model used by Research In Motion does not allow a single person to own the support interaction from initial contact until final resolution. The people at the other end of the telephone or email are working to help you. They cannot control anything except their interaction with you which it sounds as though they have been doing. The processing delays are not of their creation; do you think the support rep actually packages the product and contacts the courier?

I have a better idea for you. Apply to RIM in a customer support role and then criticize them (the support rep) if you feel it warranted.
    06-06-12 03:25 AM
    The service they've offered me thus far has been excellent. In fact, it's the best I've ever had. They even called me up from Canada to help me out with some camera issues.
    06-06-12 03:54 AM
    Hmm, called on the 19th, today is the 6th, that's 18 days. You were told 10 to 14 days internally(29th to the 2) then another couple for shipping. I'll bet you see it in another day or so. I really don't see a problem here except that your impatient.

On a side note, you can use your phone charger to charge the PB(will not void your warranty), but will take forever to charge.
    06-06-12 03:59 AM
    Frankly, that does sound slow. They managed to replace my chargers in just about 24 hours. Once the regular charger and once travel charger (non-dock) rapid charger.
    06-06-12 09:11 AM
    Frankly I'm amazed by your situation, because I've had excellent service.
    I had a camera issue and after the support person went thru a few fixes, which didn't help, I was forwarded an email while still on the phone with the rep, agreed to the terms. The next day I received a box to return my PB, took it to FedEx, and within a week had my PB back. In addition to the FedEx tracking number, I had another reference number from RIM, which allowed me to find out the progress. After I got my PB back, I got an email asking if I got the PB and if the repair was satisfactory.
    In fact I thought a company that is ready to fail (as many in the press is suggesting) would not be investing in such exemplary service.
    06-06-12 10:03 AM
    If your worried about your warranty, can also charge by plugging into your laptop/desktop's USB port. And the playbook was designed to do that so no stress there (assuming you have a laptop/desktop).

Hmm, called on the 19th, today is the 6th, that's 18 days. You were told 10 to 14 days internally(29th to the 2) then another couple for shipping. I'll bet you see it in another day or so. I really don't see a problem here except that your impatient.
    I think customer support meant 10 to 14 business days.

Edit: they probably sent it via regular mail. Or worse yet, it's crossing the border from the US and customs can really be snails on shipment.
    06-06-12 10:16 AM
    Fortunately, I have not had the need to use RIM's customer service, but it shouldn't take 6 days to "process" an order. For example, the headphones that I just bought (from BH Photo) today, will also be processed and shipped today.
    06-06-12 10:18 AM
    Before you cry in your cereal, it might surprise you to learn the support model used by Research In Motion does not allow a single person to own the support interaction from initial contact until final resolution. The people at the other end of the telephone or email are working to help you. They cannot control anything except their interaction with you which it sounds as though they have been doing. The processing delays are not of their creation; do you think the support rep actually packages the product and contacts the courier?

I have a better idea for you. Apply to RIM in a customer support role and then criticize them (the support rep) if you feel it warranted.
    How did you know I was eating cereal? I actually was while writing it. Unfortunately, it sounds like you must work for BB or something, why else would you be defending them. I think I have been more than patient after reading that people are receiving replacements within 2 days of reporting issues, so I don't understand why its taking so long. I received another email today that they are on top of the situation and will touch base with me in another day or two. I really don't want an email telling me that they are on top of the situation when they are clearly not as if they were, I would have received an email with a tracking number. I call it poor warranty service IMHO. Thanks to all for the tips though....
    06-06-12 07:45 PM
    I would have just gone out and bought a new charger lol. Glad to know they replace things like this.
    06-06-12 08:31 PM
    Hmm.....very interesting. Sounds almost identical to my story. My first contact about my charger was May 11. Gave me a little bit if a hard time about it but said to expect it in 2 - 3 weeks. I emailed them June 1 to see if there was any movement, and the CSR said he'd have to check with the RMA team and would get back to me. I emailed again on June 5 and am still waiting for a reply. I'm not particularly worried, but if there are delays the professional thing to do would be to inform those waiting (patiently)
    06-06-12 11:37 PM
    I had the exact same problem. My replacement charger arrived in about 7 business days (a little over a week). Although getting in touch with RIM was a bit difficult, once I got in touch with them it was all fine.
    Oh, and not only did they send me a charger, they sent me the quick charger, which is awesome.
    As far as using a different charger... if the amp output is the same, IMO no one will be able to tell the difference (even if they could otherwise).
    06-06-12 11:59 PM
    I had the exact same problem. My replacement charger arrived in about 7 business days (a little over a week). Although getting in touch with RIM was a bit difficult, once I got in touch with them it was all fine.
    Oh, and not only did they send me a charger, they sent me the quick charger, which is awesome.
    As far as using a different charger... if the amp output is the same, IMO no one will be able to tell the difference (even if they could otherwise).
    Can you share when you ordered and received your charger? Was it in May or previously?
    06-07-12 12:08 AM
    Oh geez... no, this was several months ago, not sure exactly when. Somewhere between January and March I think.
    Your charger should have arrived by now I imagine. Can RIM not give you a tracking number?
    06-07-12 12:34 AM
    Wow, that really is poor customer support. Have they run out of chargers? Seriously, from somewhere in Eastern Canada to the pacific northWET in one day once it was shipped and that only took a day.

I did get a runaround on the Rapid Charger - they do NOT warranty it. So that took 2 weeks to resolve but only after answering a survey about poor customer support! Then, it was here in one day again from eastern Canada. Basically, as consolation for the poor customer support and not as a replacement for the problematic charger!
    06-07-12 12:36 AM
    Can RIM not give you a tracking number?
    Probably what the indepth consult between the CSR and the RMA team is all about
    06-07-12 01:21 AM

On a side note, you can use your phone charger to charge the PB(will not void your warranty), but will take forever to charge.
    I also had a charger problem and it is now resolved... it took one month from when i contacted phone support until the replacement arrived.
    06-07-12 08:31 AM
    Today, one month since I first contacted RIM, I received my charger (a rapid charger!). It came by FedEx Priority overnight and was sent out yesterday. Funny thing was that I received the reply to my latest email to RIM customer service, complete with tracking number, almost to the minute that my package arrived! So either they just got a new batch of chargers in or my email lit a little fire under someone's button
    06-08-12 08:10 PM
    How did you know I was eating cereal? I actually was while writing it. Unfortunately, it sounds like you must work for BB or something, why else would you be defending them.
    No. But customer service can be a thankless job when interacting with some customers. As long as the customer support rep that I am speak with is polite and moves towards solving the issue I generally give them the benefit of the doubt.

I think I have been more than patient after reading that people are receiving replacements within 2 days of reporting issues, so I don't understand why its taking so long.
    This is a legitimate concern. Do you have a tracking number for the shipment? Obviously you were provided with a ticket number by BB support and can use that you keep in touch with BB support in terms of the status of the replacement being handed over to a courier or the post office.

I received another email today that they are on top of the situation and will touch base with me in another day or two. I really don't want an email telling me that they are on top of the situation when they are clearly not as if they were, I would have received an email with a tracking number.
    Sounds as though they are keeping you updated on the status. Go buy a rapid charger in the meantime and then you will have two chargers after the replacement arrives. How are you charging the tablet in the interim anyway?
    06-08-12 09:06 PM
    Today is June 16th and still nothing. Called RIM with my ticket number and still no direct answer on why I haven't received the charger except that they don't have a tracking number as yet. I tried to escalate the issue but was just transferred to the RMA dept and the person just kept saying "I understand how you feel but I was just informed that it is no longer 7 to 10 business days. It is now a 3 to 4 week process. Is there anything else I can help you with?" its obvious how I feel right now.
    06-15-12 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD