Hi
    I have a bb 9700 with os 5 0 0 862

Just got a playbook and installed blackberry bridge on it ok
    and managed to get it working ok

However I turned blue tooth off on my 9700 in the evening and next day I couldnt get the bb9700 to work with the playbook

After uninstalling everything and reworking through the whole process I got it working

Now it wont work again

Is there a fool proof way to get this working

Im a bit of a newb at this so please bear this in mind

Urby
    01-17-12 02:32 PM
    I have the same problem with my 6650. It will connect to my blue tooth hands free and bridge, but if i walk too far from or disconnect it wont let me connect me again.
    I have to pull the battery on my phone, then it will connect again.
    01-17-12 02:38 PM
    Have you tried going to the settings and clicking on the blackberry bridge section. Most times my phone connects and disconnects auto but once in a while I have to turn it on manually.

One more thought- Sometimes when I get in my car it seems to "grab" the bluetooth connection and disconnect the PB. I have to turn the phone bluetooth off and on again to fix.
    Do you anything else connected via bluetooth to the phone.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 01-17-12 at 03:03 PM.
    01-17-12 02:55 PM
    Hi All

I managed to get it working again

I had to remove battery on the bb 9700
    And do a reset on the bb pb [pressing vol + vol - and start key at same time]

Just a couple of points

Do I need to keep blue tooth on all the time
    I find the blue flashing light really annoying when Im not using the bb playbook

However if I turn blue tooth off I have to do the whole reboot again on both devices

Am I doing something wrong

Urby
    01-18-12 04:43 AM
    The blue flashing light can be turned off. network connections, bluetooth, bb key, options, uncheck led connection indicator.

I don't have any trouble getting out of range and coming back in, didn't when I had my OS 5 tour either. Have you tried just turning bluetooth off and on again on both instead of rebooting?
    01-18-12 06:28 AM
    Make sure you have the latest version of bridge. If you are on AT&T, download bridge from rroyy.com. Do not use the official one. I'd also recommend updating your BB OS to 5.0.0.979 or higher, maybe even OS 6. Your OS is quite old, and while I remember it being stable, it was released in the very early days of Bridge, perhaps even before.

Disable the BT LED as kbz1960 instructed, and experiment with turning bridge off from your BB before turning off or disconnecting BT. Sometimes retiring connections in an orderly fashion helps keep things stable.

Let us know how it goes.
    01-18-12 06:46 AM
    Thx for all advice

I left my playbook at home today

when I got back home the playbook worked straight away from my bb via bridge

Is it best to leave blue tooth activated at all times even if not using it

Im not sure which to go with os for bb 9700

Whats difference between 5 and 6

Thx again

Urby
    01-18-12 11:51 AM
    Thx for all advice

I left my playbook at home today

when I got back home the playbook worked straight away from my bb via bridge

Is it best to leave blue tooth activated at all times even if not using it

Im not sure which to go with os for bb 9700

Thx again

Urby
    You're going to have to read the thousands of threads here on 9700 OS5 vs OS6. It's been awhile since I've run either. Do you research.
    01-18-12 12:11 PM
    I found that I usually have to disconnect from both devices, then reconnect. It doesn't work for my just to disconnect from one of them. Sure, it breaks the connection, but I can't reconnect till I've done both.
    01-18-12 12:15 PM
    Hi
    I tried to install a newer version of 5 os using the latest Blackberry Desk Software

It only shows os 5 up to my current version

os 5 0 0 862

Any ideas what to do to get newer os 5
    01-18-12 01:23 PM
    Hi
    I tried to install a newer version of 5 os using the latest Blackberry Desk Software

It only shows os 5 up to my current version

os 5 0 0 862

Any ideas what to do to get newer os 5
    That only shows you the latest "official" OS released by your carrier. You are not limited to that OS. You can download and install any version you want, if it exists for your device.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-os

BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Download Latest Official OS [ 6.0.0.668 ]

Also check rroyy.com.
    01-18-12 01:27 PM
    OS 5.0 will leave you with more app memory as the OS is smaller, that's the only real upside. OS 6.0 has a massively better web browser (WebKit based liked the PlayBook), universal search, and a significant number of UI improvements to the OS.
    01-18-12 02:46 PM
    went for os 6

had to re install bb bridge

cant see it anywhere on my bb 9700
    01-18-12 03:45 PM
    Did you pull the battery?
    01-18-12 03:46 PM
    Tried os 6
    Didnt like it
    Have gone back to os 5 0 0 862

How do I install OS to 5.0.0.979 or higher

where can I get them

Is there a guide to show how to install them

Thx
    01-19-12 06:54 AM
    Seriously. Learn to search a bit. ALL of this information is available to you with a few simple searches.

http://crackberry.com/ntt-docomo-rel...erry-bold-9700

Install it just like you did OS 6. Do a complete wipe first and do not restore OS 6 settings, just things like messages and calendar.
    01-19-12 08:11 AM
    Thx

Just installed OS 5.0.0.1014

All seems ok with phone
    Plus Playbook working well

Urby
    rrrebo likes this.
    01-19-12 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD