I paid for on my other PB for free? Or do i have to buy them again?
    11-18-12 05:00 PM
    You need to make sure you have the same bbid and if you do, your apps can be re-installed on your new device. AppWorld may ask you if you want to switch devices. Answer yes and then go to your Apps. That should do it.
    11-18-12 05:16 PM
    You need to make sure you have the same bbid and if you do, your apps can be re-installed on your new device. AppWorld may ask you if you want to switch devices. Answer yes and then go to your Apps. That should do it.
    What about the apps that were free and now cost money like Shadow Gun?
    11-18-12 05:24 PM
    only exception: if your purchased app has a different price you need to re-purchase
    11-18-12 05:25 PM
    Oh well thats pretty crappy
    11-18-12 05:29 PM
    Plus, you can go back and forth between the two, answering the 'switch devices'
    question, "YES". Doc Neutron
    11-18-12 05:47 PM
    only exception: if your purchased app has a different price you need to re-purchase
    That depends on the vendor, who can choose to let you upgrade with no additional payment, upgrade for an extra fee (but not necessarily full price), or possibly require you to pay the new price in full (which, I assume, vendors do only when they feel like losing customers...)
    11-18-12 05:49 PM
    Mostly your attitude is ....... Most apps are like $1.07. Give me and
    especially he really hard working app developers a break ! Is your time
    to pick through your backups worth it ? Doc Neutron
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-18-12 05:51 PM
    Well my pb is busted and out of warranty. Im gonna be really annoyed when i get a new one and be forced to re buy several apps.
    11-18-12 05:52 PM
    Should you get charge for apps you already purchased, you can ask for a refund.
    11-18-12 08:33 PM
    Well my pb is busted and out of warranty. Im gonna be really annoyed when i get a new one and be forced to re buy several apps.
    Good luck.

But another example of why Rim should provide the ability to backup and restore individual apps. When I purchase or get a free app for my computer, I either get a disk with the app or generally an Install file or Zip file. I can use those Install/zip files to recovery my app should things go bump-in-the-night. The current system is not entirely fair to an app purchaser.
    11-18-12 10:11 PM
    Exactly. If I buy software on a disc its not going to charge me again to install it. If you buy something you own it.
    11-19-12 10:20 AM
    Exactly. If I buy software on a disc its not going to charge me again to install it. If you buy something you own it.
    Depends on the definition of "buy". I you "buy" a rental car, you certainly don't own it. Likewise, if you "buy" most software, or most digital content, it actually turns out you're only "licensing" a copy of it, subject to the terms of the license agreement, and you don't outright own it the way you would if you actually bought a physical object.
    vag65 likes this.
    11-19-12 10:57 AM
    Yes you can but Video callling and now BBM7 might be a challenge with the shared ID. I don't know what kind of money you have invested but for me it wasn't worth it. I just have different apps on different PlayBooks and the ones I needed on both didn't add to be very much at all.
    11-19-12 01:57 PM
    Im not going to be using 2 playbooks. Just the new one im buying. My old one is completely broken (water damage)
    11-19-12 02:36 PM