I wanted to ask if anyone has tried to print from their playbook. Is this possible? I do have a wifi enabled printer and time on my hands. I don't need to print from my playbook but on occasion it would be a nice option.
    02-20-12 12:20 PM
    Some wifi enabled have their own email address and folks have sent stuff to that email.

If you use wifi-sharing or usb, and are using Explorer (mac equal???), a context menu Right Click and PRINT will summarily send the item to the printer but no controls - just print.
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    02-20-12 12:37 PM
    Best solution I've used so far is faxzero.com. I used it to print off movie tickets when I was at a hotel last week.
    02-20-12 01:08 PM
    F2 has the best solution. Just turn wifi sharing on on the playbook and using a desktop open up whatever folfer and file you want and print it.

There was suppose to be a direct to printer wireless printing feature coming but rim was never able to do it successfully so they changed direction and made a print2go app that prints to a file on your playbook that you can print later after file swapping or from a desktop computer.
    02-20-12 01:18 PM
    Google Cloud Print works.
    Just install Chrome on a PC that is left running and has access to the local or network printer you want to use. Sign up for Google docs/print/gmail etc. You can print to a home printer or a work printer from anywhere.

EDIT... Seems I can only print from Gmail, not Google Docs!
    Last edited by canuckvoip; 02-20-12 at 03:39 PM. Reason: forgot something
    02-20-12 01:30 PM
    I believe OS2 will have a Print to Go Folder
    02-20-12 01:46 PM
    There is the Print Tool app. It only does plain text that you enter in manually, or cut and paste, but it does come in handy. It claims to only work with HP JetDirect printers, but it works with every PCL printer I've tested it with.
    02-20-12 03:19 PM
    Hopefully we'll be able to print tomorrow.
    02-20-12 03:28 PM
    I believe OS2 will have a Print to Go Folder
    This I believe only allows printing "to" the PB. Not "from" the PB.
    It seems an unfortunately named app.
    02-20-12 03:40 PM
    F2 has the best solution. Just turn wifi sharing on on the playbook and using a desktop open up whatever folfer and file you want and print it.

There was suppose to be a direct to printer wireless printing feature coming but rim was never able to do it successfully so they changed direction and made a print2go app that prints to a file on your playbook that you can print later after file swapping or from a desktop computer.

What is F2?
    02-20-12 03:46 PM
    What is F2?
    F2 is the username of whoever made a suggestion.
    02-20-12 03:54 PM
    I is F2!
    02-20-12 04:24 PM
    i have an app called HP ePrint Home&Biz on my android phone. it can print documents and photos, but not emails. im hoping that the update will allow me to use it on the pb.
    02-20-12 04:38 PM
    I have a HP 6500e wireless printer that has is own email address through hpeprintcenter.com. If you use the "Files & Folds" file manager app. from App World you can email to your email address and then email direct to the printer and it works. For some reason I cannot email direct to the printer and make it work. Anyway it is direct (with an extra step) from the file manager to the printer.

Cheers
    02-25-12 11:41 PM
    Yes, some WiFi-enabled or network-enabled printers have a special feature called e-print that allows you to email your document to a unique email address assigned to the printer and within minutes the document appears on your printer.
    02-25-12 11:51 PM
    Now that the PlayBook has native email, you can use Mobile Printing Solutions | Online Printing Solutions | Wireless Printing

After a bit of setup and $9.95 per year it will provide an email address to send whatever you want printed and it will print.

I'm yet to get it up and running myself, an error is occurring inwhich I have contacted support. Fingers crossed it works.
    02-26-12 03:49 AM
    I subscribed to PrinterOn Home and have it working with my Blackberry and my Playbook. I installed the client software on my MS Windows machine and have it printing out on my barebones HP LaserJet 1012. I believe that PrinterOn actually runs the backend for HP ePrint and Ricoh's HotSpot Printing.

The downside to this solution: it only works on MS Windows and you have to have your Windows computer and printer on for this to work. Also, it requires an Internet connection. Even if you are on WiFi of your local network, the file is sent out to PrinterOn's cloud servers and then relayed back to your Windows computer.

The best apps to use on the BB and PB are the Ricoh HotSpot Printing Applications. The PB app actually has a built in web browser so you can print web pages. For the BB app, you have to manually create the entry for your printer, entering email address for printer and such.
    03-23-12 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD