Interesting announcement and availability today from Amazon with a "Send to Kindle" application.

Amazon.com Help: Send to Kindle for PC

Looks similar to the newly announced "Print to Go" in OS V2.

I find this type of capability unbelievably useful when traveling (I have been doing it manually) to keep hotel bookings, travel info etc.

gail
    01-12-12 04:44 PM
    It will also be awesome if it works through RIM's infrastructure, as it may allow someone back at the office, or someone with access to your own computer (maybe at home) to print stuff to your PlayBook wherever you are...

I'm sort of assuming it's going to be able to find the PlayBook wherever it is, and interact in some fashion that can securely deliver the data straight to it. Anything else wouldn't seem like BlackBerry...
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    01-12-12 04:57 PM
    So it is an extension of Amazon's cloud functionality? Not bad.

It seems to overlaps a bit with Dropbox and others, but I like the concept.
    01-12-12 06:12 PM
    You could send docs and similar to your kindle email address for a while. I imagine this might be a variation on that.
    01-12-12 07:52 PM
    Interesting... you can Send to Kindle from Windows... but can only view using Kindle app for iOS...

Sounds like a proprietary format that needs to be put into the Kindle app? Not generic .pdf?
    Last edited by cbvinh; 01-12-12 at 08:54 PM.
    01-12-12 08:51 PM
    Apparently Print to Go requires software to be installed on your computer (desktop/notebook/netbook) and the computer connected to the printer. Directly printing from the BlackBerry PlayBook would be superior and a more flexible solution. For my home office I recently bought a Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart C410a e-All-in-One Printer.

On a related note Cortado needs to develop a WiFi and BlueTooth printing application for the BlackBerry PlayBook like they have done for BlackBerry smartphones which allows direct from the smartphone to printer printing.
    01-12-12 09:10 PM
    Apparently Print to Go requires software to be installed on your computer (desktop/notebook/netbook) and the computer connected to the printer. Directly printing from the BlackBerry PlayBook would be superior and a more flexible solution. For my home office I recently bought a Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart C410a e-All-in-One Printer.

On a related note Cortado needs to develop a WiFi and BlueTooth printing application for the BlackBerry PlayBook like they have done for BlackBerry smartphones which allows direct from the smartphone to printer printing.
    Print to Go, as demo'ed for the Playbook OS2, should have been called Print to Playbook, as the Playbook "acts" as a "printer" on the network. Instead of getting a hardcopy, you get a .pdf/.ps(?) on your Playbook for viewing.

It's not print from the Playbook to a printer.
    01-12-12 09:48 PM
    Here's the video demo:

peter9477 likes this.
    01-12-12 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD